There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,499 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• One litre is .26417205235814844 of a gallon
    one gallon divide by .26417205235814844 = 3.7854

so there are 3.78 Litres per gallon

@.859 per litre x 3.78 = $3.25 per gallon in Aussie dollars

.7 x 3.25 = $2.275 in American dollars, approximately that is using the given conversion rate.

[SIZE=1]"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."[/SIZE]~John Wayne~from the movie "The Shootist"

Originally posted by Bandit@Feb 24 2004, 07:27 PM
    $3.25 per gallon in Aussie dollars

$2.275 in American dollars

Hm-m-m-m-m . . . when we posted about this over a month ago, we were paying around $1.60 per gallon of diesel . . . the last couple of weeks it's jumped $0.30 per gallon, and they are talking about hitting $3 per gallon by summer :o .

Maybe you'll have a good bargain down under, smokey ;) .

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Chester

i recently bought The Three Musketeers (2 videos), Arizona and the Drop Kick from the US eBay. I also purchased a John Wayne Franklin Mint figure.

The videos ranged from 5 dollars to twenty dollars American (from £3 to £11 Stirling).

With the rate as it is going at the moment it makes buying from US really attractive, What is the crippler however is that postage for the videos started at twenty dollars, and for the figurine $13 which takes away the attractiveness.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• hi bandit,

thanks for the help on that one as i didn't know how much was in a gallon.

chester we now get about $0.78 US for A$1.00 so the prices may be a little different now but a bargin i say so when the prices are low but in some places you can pay over A$1.00 a litre.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello Duke Fans;....I too hate the region codes. The ones that tick me are the sellers on e-bay that don't list that they are Pal or the dvd region number untill you are half way through their site.(no offense to you guys across the pond). Here a question about regions. Are some of the movies edited for different areas like on tv.(less violence,nudity,swearing etc.) I too picked up a dvd/vcr combo for about $200cdn. or $150usd. Doesn't every one have a Wal-Mart? Shipping on movies across Canada is about $7-$8 and I can get stuff from the US for a bit less.You have to ask for shipping rates beforehand,some guys will stick it to you if you don't. I got The Flying Tigers dvd from a dealer in Singapore. It cost about $8.50us or $11.50cdn. That included shipping. It is in english and a region 1 but at the end where you can view scenes and other info it is in chinese characters. It may be a knock-off,I don,t know. It works fine otherwise. It was $4.50usd shipping from Singapore to Canada and it cost about the same to ship across Canada.Go figure that one out...Keep Your Powder Dry...SaddleTramp...

• Arthur,

I have bought a few items from Europe, 3 posters of the Duke and a Brannigan belt buckle. I don't remember the postage being too bad, but of course neither of those items weighed that much. However, at one point itdo had some books available, but the postage on books was much higher (prohibitive, in fact), so we passed on them.

That $20 for shipping the videos seems a little excessive, IMO.

Chester :newyear:

• hi saddle tramp,

down under we have a system which you would have to see to believe some movies that should be rated (M) are rated (PG) while some times it's the other way round. there are also a lot of movies that we never see because our sensors believe them to be unwatchable for one reason or another so the only way we get to see them is if you get them from under the counter ;) as for the region thing it's so that the movies can be released at different times in the world and the movie company makes more money.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"