Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 643,330 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Welcome aboard dukefan67 nd Happy New Year to you. Glad you found us and look forward to the conversations.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• A very big welcome to all the new members in the past few months! I've been busy with college lately, but wanted to extend my welcome. Hi everyone!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• Hey Y'all, I'm a 67 year old NEW fan at least to this site.
    Actually met the Duke at BWI Airport when I was a crash rescue firefighter there in 60's.
    I ended here when I was trying to match a movie & location. Pueblo out side
    Albuquerque NM.Visited site 5 yrs ago & can't forget. Would like to get movie.
    This a pretty nice site without all the negatives you see elsewhere.

• I'm John from Michigan --

Lifelong Duke fan, and have enjoyed going through this site for a couple of days now. Kudos to those responsible for the upkeep...

Looking forward to talking John Wayne and gaining differing perspectives on his life and times.

Let me post a late welcome to you, MrKadash! Glad you found us, and hope to see more of you in the future!

• I am a life long (67 years old) fan of John Wayne having watched his movies with my Dad--very fond memories. I found out about this site through a phone call from members who had read a book of John Wayne quotes that I compiled and edited. Lookng forward to participating ....very excited to begin with this Satuday's event...I hope I'm doing this "Neb ie" entry right! --phimueller

• phimueller,

A big WELCOME to the John Wayne message board!! You are doing the "Newbie" thing just great!

That phone call came from my little Mrs., and we are real happy to see you made it aboard! We hope you will not be a stranger, and we look forward to having you join us in Saturday's chat!

:jump::jump: (can you tell we are excited to see you??)

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hey Y'all, I'm a 67 year old NEW fan at least to this site.
    Actually met the Duke at BWI Airport when I was a crash rescue firefighter there in 60's.
    I ended here when I was trying to match a movie & location. Pueblo out side
    Albuquerque NM.Visited site 5 yrs ago & can't forget. Would like to get movie.
    This a pretty nice site without all the negatives you see elsewhere.

srequestrian67,
    Welcome to the JWMB! We're glad to have you with us.

This IS a pretty nice site, and we try real hard to minimize the negative stuff the best we can. We're all human, and it creeps in occasionally, but not too often.

Don't be a stranger!!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• A hearty welcome to both srequestrian67 and phimueller. It's great having two more John Wayne fans join in with the fun. Looking foward to hearing more from the both of you. Don't be shy!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Let me add my WELCOME to all the new members that have joined in the past several days. Maybe this year will start a trend with a lot of new JW fans finding this site and jumping on board.
    In any event, the JWMB should become a great place for you new folks to visit and participate. Looking forward to your posts!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• hi all,

i am not a :mad: fan of john wayne because i only like some of his moves like
    1. she wore a yellow ribon
    2.angle and the bad man
    3.the alamo
    :gora:

cheers bluecap

when not colour just black and white

• welcome to all have joined us here in the last few months. make yourself at home and join in be seeing you all around.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello I'm new to the site ,but not to JW. He has been my favorite actor most of my life and I have about 120 of his movies on tape.

• Aloha, I may be new to this site and until today the subject in general of POSTING anything ever to an on-line forum but that underscores how serious a fan of Duke I am. And have been since earliest childhood. In short...I cannot recall a time that I wasn`t. I grew up on the Iowa side of the delightful MidWest population center known as the Quad ( Also Quint at times but who is counting?) Cities USA! I saw many of JW`s first run movies ( I can`t bend my speech to say FILMS ! YUK!!) in grand old majestic huge theaters just blocks inland of the mighty Mississippi..on huge screens as they were shot to be viewed. Hatari and The Alamo stand out the most. I left there @ 30 yrs of age for the Pacific NW only to learn Duke liked to come up to Seattle and sail around Puget Sound. McQ country. Also south near California on Oregon`s Rogue River for Rooster Cogburn and the Lady. Then in 1996 I left for the Big Island of Hawaii where I learnt he really liked the Isles of Aloha ( a little understood fact is: many others do and have as well!) and made a few movies over there too. I used to look for locations while island hopping and found a few good ones. Then I left for the US Mainland on Sept 1 2006 where I bought a new Class A Motor home and began doing laps of the country. I am parked for this current winter in a RESORT RV PARK on the Western aspect of Tucson, Az. I am about a 15 minute motorcycle ride from yet again another JW favorite place to shoot which is "Old Tucson" a place Duke helped make a successful economic come-back when he agreed to be in Rio Bravo which Producer/Director Howard Hawks made out there. Duke made &/or shot a couple of more out there including McLintock! before he started using Durango Mexico as his special place to shoot Westerns.
    And finally...I went back to Iowa for a THANKSGIVING family and friend re-union in 1986. I took my son, named ETHAN, TO SEE HIS GREAT-GRANDPARENTS..ON THE WAY BACK, we stopped in Winterset, IA so I could show him the BirthPlace. So one can say with some confidence that when I choose to live some place NEW, it is a safe bet that I must have been influenced to go there in the first place by having seen something I liked of it out/over there in a Duke film along the way sometime.
    So...Aloha & now I`m here! howdy Ya`ll.
    Ted Powell currently in the GREAT AMERICAN SOUTHWEST!

• Ted,

Here's a giant Howdy and a big Welcome to you! We're glad you decided to post to this online forum, dedicated to the memory of John Wayne, and we hope that you will continue to be a part of our community, wherever you call home!

You certainly have a wonderfully colorful life history with fun connections to Duke!

Another of our newer members, Wacco, I believe is from the Tuscon area. It has often been a fun experience for some of our members to have the opportunity to meet face to face. Many friendships have been started here!

If you should ever find yourself in the redwood forests of the Santa Cruz Mountains of central California, I hope we get a chance to meet up with you.

Again - WELCOME!

Chester :newyear: (and the Mrs. :angel1: says "Howdy" too!)