Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 638,523 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi mitchumFamily,

First of all a BIG

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.
    Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

It's really great to see you here, and thanks for sharing,
    your personal information with us.
    I think most Duke fans hold the Mitchums in the highest regard,
    and feel that they are part of the whole Duke family.

We included members of your family in our 'Pals Of The Saddle'
    and here are the links.

Pals Of The Saddle- John Mitchum

Pals Of The Saddle- Robert Mitchum

Pals Of The Saddle- Christopher Mitchum

Pals Of The Saddle- James Mitchum

Pals Of The Saddle- Julie Mitchum

You may find this link useful:-

Link to Duke's Movies and Co-Stars

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hello and welcome to the board, mitchumFamily. Glad to have you join. I took a look at your site. Very well done and a nice tribute. I also loved John's writing from Why I Love America. He couldn't have had anyone better read it on an album than John Wayne.

I hope you jump in here and enjoy yourself. Great bunch of people here.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thanks for the warm welcome. The Duke has been my role model for going
    on 60 years. It's nice in this day and age to find this group of his fans who
    share my same feelings. He was of course not a perfect man but he was a man
    of great integrity and honor. A man who we can all look up to.
    Thanks again for the nice welcome.
    Captain Dan

• Hello new members glad to see you saddle up, look forward to hearing from you again.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Looks like I'm slipping up here! A BIG WELCOME to all the new members that have joined recently and whom I have apparently overlooked. Please come around often and have fun - sit awhile!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Welcome aboard, captain dan. You found the right place for a Duke fan to be. Look around, and jump in wherever you please. Looking foward to getting to know you.

Mark

• Welcome new members mitchumFamily, Jacob-R387 and captain dan. Gald to have you here and look forward to gettingto know you.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Welcome aboard, dukesfan. I'm glad to see you jumping right in. Plenty to read and enjoy. Looking foward to getting to know you.

Mark

• Hi,
    thanks for Your warm welcome! I just looked around and started posting without introducing me personel - I´m gonna do this now:

I have been a fan of the Duke since the days of my childhood in Austria. The first John Wayne movie I saw on austrian television was "The Comancheros". I was so impressed by the Duke from the very first moment, as he entered the riverboat to capture Paul Regret! I liked this tall strong, hard but friendly man, because he is the type of man, a boy wants to become, when he is grown up. The next John Wayne movie I saw was "Rio Bravo" and John Wayne from this moment on was the first actor, I knew by name and I was searching the TV-programm for his movies.

I was 16 years old, as I heard on June 13th, 1979 on radio, that John Wayne had died and I was nearly crying.

My first John Wayne videotape, years later and videotapes where very expensive at that time, was a present from my aunt. It was "The Shootist" and I watched it a dozen times, because now I did not have to wait for the next John Wayne movie on TV! A few years later, as videotapes become a little cheaper, I started collecting movies with the Duke. There where no german versions available at that time in Austria and I had to save my money, I earned giving riding-lessons, to be able to buy a videotape, becaus I was a student in Vienna at that time and I had to improve my English!

Now I have nearly 100 of Duke´s movies on vidoetape or DVD at home and I am still looking for new ones. And I have collected a lot of stuff about the Duke for all over the years. There are old newspaper clips, like the one from 1979 about his death, the LP "America - Why I love her" (a present from my grandmother many, many years ago), Posters and since last year a John Wayne Action Figure showing the Duke as Capt. Nathan Brittles and the official John Wayne collectors watch (I wear it to my suit on a golden chain on horse-shows).

It´s not that easy in Europe to get the rare films on DVD and US-releases are NTSC and RC-1, so they won´t work on my DVD-Player and TV-set. But - maybe - one day in my life, I will have seen all of the Duke´s movies...

The Duke always will stay one of my idols for all my life!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Dukesfan,

WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board! Thanks for taking the time to post here in the Newbie forum, and telling us more about yourself.

You are not alone, in that you are not our only European member; we also have several members who are very much into horses.

We applaud you on your command of the English language (actually, ALL of our non-native English speakers - you guys are GREAT)! VERY impressive! We are so happy to have you a part of our community.

We look forward to getting better acquainted in the days and weeks to come!

Again . . . welcome!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• A great big WELCOME, Dukesfan, to our friendly band of Duke admirers. Sounds like you're a big fan of Duke's and we hope you drop by often and join in with us friendly folks!

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hi everyone,just like to say what a great site this is and i look forward to chatting with the members who all seem so very friendly.

Hope to hear from you soon Duke fans !

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Hello, this is my first post but I've been a member for a while (big time procrastanator) Im glad that Duke fans have a place talk. I have a question, how do I get a picture in the upper left hand side of my post like everyone else? Personal info: saw first John Wayne movie at 6yrs old (true grit) 5mo. later named first dog "Duke" (great dane, and great he was)

"Fill your hand you son of a b--ch"