Just Wanted You To Know . . .

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,848 times. The latest Post () was by A Girl Named Jen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I guess many have heard about all the hurricanes in the mid-Atlantic and Caribbean regions, that have affected many of the southern states of the US. Our very own Hondo (Duke Lane) is from Alabama, and they got hit hard from one of the most recent storms, Ivan. Hondo is safe, but has been without power for several days, so that's why we've not seen him around the board for awhile. We spoke with him on the phone a couple of times. He's been working 12 hour days, cleaning up the mess left in the wake of the storms.

He sends his regards to y'all, and looks forward to being back with us SOON!

Hondo, we love you :wub: and miss you!!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• thanks chester and mrs c

for checking on our good friend hondo i did wonder if he was in the path hope all goes well for him and we see him around soon

good luck hondo keep your chin up

cheers smokey and the nipper

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hey there everyone.

What a storm! Well my power came back on a couple of hours ago and it was a sight for sore eyes. Know that everything is alright. I'm sure glad to be back here. It's like loosing your key and not able to get in. ;)

We have a lot of damage from the storm with trees down and some of the trees fallen on some of the houses around here, but no one was hurt. No trees down at my house, but a lot of limbs. My work place didn't fair well, but slowly picking up the pieces. Storm was awesome, but trying at times. The worse part was trying to find batteries, ice, milk, gas, and patience. But we got through it.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I know that Kevin was in the storm as well. I heard he was alright too. Glad to hear that.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Glad to hear you are alright Hondo. Mother Nature sure has been hard at work down ther the last couple weeks. Hey, now maybe you might not have to mow that older lady's lawn for a little while!!! Good luck on the clean up efforts. I will be heading down to Atlanta for work this coming Sunday. Keeps the storms out till I get there will ya!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Glad everyone is okay. I had no idea we had any people around here in the path of the storm!

Being without power is really trying. It's probably not a good thing how much we've come to rely upon it. We had to go without it for one night and I thought I was going to lose my mind!

Originally posted by A Girl Named Jen@Sep 21 2004, 09:47 AM
    Being without power is really trying. It's probably not a good thing how much we've come to rely upon it.

It's not just electricity - think of all the modern conveniences our great-grandparents didn't have. Where would we be without running water, indoor plumbing, automobiles, cell phones [and landline telephones], TV, computers, refrigerators; you name it, and they didn't have it. Yet because they didn't, and had never experienced all those conveniences we take for granted, they didn't miss them. Then think; there are millions and millios of people in this world today who live in the same primitive conditions our great grandparents lived under. I guess everything is relative but I'm sure glad to live in America in the 21st century.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• glad that you made it through ok and that you now have power back on i know what its like to be without power and to have trees across the road and all that happens with cyclones, lived through them when i was a youngster and again 2 years ago on christmas day

hope that kevin and his made it through this as well as you have and that he is able to let us know soon that he is fine and dandy

catch up again soon

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Hondo and Kevin

Glad you both got through unharmed looking at them on television they looked real fierce.

We are lucky in this country in that by the time the hurricanes reach us they are ranked down to a rainy day and minor inconveniance.

My Best Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• You're so right, Stumpy. But modern conveniences have made life easier in some ways and more complicated in others. It's strange to think of a time when most of humanity spent its waking hours in pursuit of sustenance - growing food, harvesting food, killing food, preparing food... Imagine all the energy that took.

Now we just place a phone call for pizza. No wonder we struggle with weight.