Patriots Vs Eagles

There are 19 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,798 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, Stumpy, being that I live 45 minutes from Philly and my wife, daughter and one of my sons are Eagles fans (myself being a Ravens fan), I have to say the Eagles will be victorious! To say otherwise could be harmful to my health. Hee hee. In reality, I do think that this is the Eagle's year. They have been so close too many times in the last few years to let this get away. So, with a beer in one hand and a Philly Cheese Steak in the other, I say "GO EAGLES!!! :jump: Dukefan1

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Well as a unbiased football fan. Cause the Vikes seem to find a way to screw up every year :headbonk::headbonk::dead: :lol: :lol:

I have to say the Patriots are too much. They are a TEAM first and individuals second. And with the motor mouth, Terrel Owens, he is the epitamy of individualism, next to Randy Moss of course :lol: Seriously though like I said, the Pats will do what it takes to win, all individual stats aside and I think that is rare in this day and age of sports. Especially with all the high dollar contracts and perks.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I have to put down money on the Pats. Not a fan but they look unstopable. Could be wrong, but they looked really good in the playoffs, and well when you stop the Colts & Steelers like they did, they look good.

The Eagles would be the team I pick. I like them better. But since I'm not putting any money on this game, I'd like to pick the Eagles. So that's my prediction.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I'm rooting for the Eagles in this one. I'd be more confident of their chances if T.O. were 100%, but it looks like he'll only have a limited role in the game - but I'm still rooting for them. I've just gotten tired of seeing the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Like a lot of other people I'm just hoping for a good game - and if the Eagles win it will just be the icing on the cake.

• Final Score - Pats (24) - Eagles (21)

Sort of expected it, but it was closer than I thought. Wish the Eagles won. How did everyone find the game? I have an opinion, but love to hear from you before I comment.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I thought it was a good game. Well atleast till the last 6-7 minutes when Philly forgot how to manage the clock. Seems like they flew in the Vikes and let them play :lol: :lol: :lol:

To me the commercials were lame as was the half time show. But, after last years halftime show I guess they had to play it cool. I watched the whole game and found it mildly fun to watch. Kind of hard to get into it when you have no interest either way on who wins. But like I said above I predicted the Pats to win and am happy for them. They are a blue collar team and its nice to see that in todays sports climate. And I cannot stand Owens, he is a moron. Just play the game and shut up!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Like Viper, I had no dog in this fight so didn't care who won. I only watched bits and pieces of the game. I used to be a hardcore fan of the Dallas Cowboys when Roger Staubach was their quarterback back in the Seventies but since they've fallen on hard times, don't pay much attention to professional football anymore.

25 or 30 years ago, I was probably the most rabid football fan in America. I used to spend entire weekends watching football games but as I've grown older, have pretty well lost interest. About the only football team for which I still have much enthusiasm is the Oklahoma Sooners. My most impressionable years were spent in Oklahoma and I became a lifelong Sooner fan. But even that enthusiasm has waned. For instance, 25 or 30 years ago I'd probably have cut my wrists to see my beloved Sooners lose as badly as they did against USC in this year's national championship game. But I was able to swallow the loss with equanimity as I've come to realize there are far more important things in life than football games.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Since I was mostly neutral on the game, I just watched for the enjoyment of it all. It was closely fought, but the Eagles "dropped the ball" at the end - I was amazed at the lack of attention to the 2-minute drill. All in all, it was one of the better Superbowl games of record.
    It may be a result of being over sixty, but it's hard to dredge up any of the commercials in my mind - kinda fuzzy!

Cheers - Jay ^^

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Hondo,

II turned over the tele and it was on, I watched a couple of seconds of it. not only couldn't I understand what was going on I didn't even understand what they were talking about. Its a strange game.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Arthur,
    In the US, the Super Bowl is the American football equivalent to the World Cup in soccer.

• Arthur,

:lol: You are a hoot!! :lol: I can understand where you're coming from but from a different perspective. ;)

Have a great day!

Cheers B)

- John Wayne quote

• Everything in life is relative, Chet. When I was younger, I was a hard charger - ambitious, eager to make a lot of money, interested in sports, politics, an avid reader, lover of music.....you name it. Now that I'm 67 years old and in the twilight of life, I guess my zest for life has gone. Now I'd just like a have a day when I didn't hurt from arthritis or some other ailment. Believe it or not, there are days when I wish we still had Dr. Kevorkian around, and I used to loathe that guy.

• Hi Stumpy

I'm almost six years behind you and i think I know what you mean, but you still have memories and you bring to the board a great deal of common sense, interest and good humour. I think you'd be a great guy to know, so as the man says Stumpy It caint all be bad.

Regards

Arthur

p.s

who is Dr Kevorkian

est regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

Originally posted by Stumpy@Feb 8 2005, 09:36 AM

Now I'd just like a have a day when I didn't hurt from arthritis or some other ailment.

[snapback]14445[/snapback]

Stumpy -
    When I get up in the mornings, the knees and ankles ache and protest with every movement. And the back!!! I can tell when there is going to be a weather change. So I sympathize with your condition. Hang in!

Cheers - Jay :wacko:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by arthurarnell@Feb 8 2005, 10:41 AM

who is Dr Kevorkian

He's a medical doctor (if you can believe it) who used to help ailing people commit suicide when they imagined themselves beyond help. Finally, the authorities went after him for homicide and put him in prison (can't remember the sentence he got but it was fairly long, I think).