The Members Chat Thread

There are 1,201 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 362,570 times. The latest Post () was by gettingold80.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• hi boys

have been busy the last few nights, the little bloke earned himself a playstation ( i went dollar for dollar with him and he saved up half) and he has a racing car game and he wanted some more tracks unlocked and as he couldnt get all of the gold medals i had to race around the tracks till i won all of the gold medals for him tell you what it is tiring work playing these games looks like i could be in for another trying time soon as he now wants to unlock a car the things we do for them :wacko:

so that is why i havent been around to bust your chops lately have to put my main man first :lol: .

catch up again soon and we will continue the fun and by the way ethan thanks for the offer of a bed warmer lovely thought but bed not large enough for all :lol: and besides i think the dog would have had something to say about loosing her share of the bed

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi smokey,
    Pleased to hear about the little bloke getting his Playstation,
    I bet he's really excited.
    Glad you got over that bad spell of weather!!
    It looks like I've reached bottom,
    to be displaced as a bedwarmer, by a dog,
    well that says it all!!
    Ah well I suppose the dog was there first!!

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

have been busy the last few nights, the little bloke earned himself a playstation ( i went dollar for dollar with him and he saved up half) and he has a racing car game and he wanted some more tracks unlocked and as he couldnt get all of the gold medals i had to race around the tracks till i won all of the gold medals for him tell you what it is tiring work playing these games looks like i could be in for another trying time soon as he now wants to unlock a car the things we do for them

Hi Smokey,

I have a XBox and if you want, instead of making your eyes crazy, go to the internet and type in a search on Google for Playstation Cheat/game codes. You will be able to unlock all your cars and tracks plus whatever you might be able to get for the specific game you have. That is if there is a spot to enter codes, which there should be.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hey smokey,
    See what I mean, who needs old blokes
    like Jay and I, when you've got
    handsome young, intelligent men, like Viper around.
    He could be de-coding the Playstation,
    in turn for some bedwarming??

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

He could be de-coding the Playstation,
    in turn for some bedwarming??

Hey Hey Hey, :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am just trying to help out a damsel in distress!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi,
    Someone who is higher raking then all of us, some God or demi-God,
    has interfered with this thread. (Ha Ha)
    I have just noticed that one of these Gods, has changed,
    the title of this forum, and added on ,
    IMmaturity,to the forum title!!
    You thought, I wouldn't notice, but you are mistaken!!
    Will the culprit, please own up!!!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• hi sxviper

thanks for that will give it a try the little bloke is playing burnout2. just one thing where do you input the codes for these games just a thought as it doesnt come up with a place on the screen on the telly its hooked up to

ethan

but doesnt it best discribe us who wants to be classifed as OLD as they say your only as old as the one you feel :lol: yep the bad weather has passed (touch wood) and we will soon be warming back up as for the dog she would surely give you a run for your money for bed space she even growls at me sometimes ( shes an old fart and likes her comfort) have to shut the little blokes bedroom door otherwise she would be trying to steal his bed :lol:

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Sneaky those moderators are! :lol: . I don't know what you would find IMmature about this thread :blink: . Seems like a lot of info gets passed back and forth here :uhuh: !
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Keith.

I have my suspiscions to who added the IM. But like Stumpy I only have suspiscions so I won't tell either. :newyear:

Regards
    Popol Vuh

• Mr and Mrs Chester,
    If it is you, come clean!!
    and admit to this fragrant violation
    of human rights!!
    All I have to say, is that only IMmature folks,
    would be sneaky!!
    A real guy would just get up and drink the milk!!

Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hey! I have said no such thing! :D

I could be wrong you know. Now the mature thing would be for the culprit to step forward. I cannot see how they could choose not to do it now that the rumours are starting to flourish.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

• (Chester and the Mrs., in unison:( Maybe it was Arthur . . . maybe that's why he left for a fortnight :o ! Hm-m-m-m-m-m, we haven't seen Hondo for awhile . . . . REASR?? LibertyV??

:angel1: or :newyear: . . . who could it have been . . . ?

Who knows? Only the Shadow knows for sure . . . .

And you know who the Shadow is . . . Kevin!

(Chester, pointing finger towards the Mrs.:(I didn't type that thing . . . .

(The Mrs., pointing finger towards Chester:( It was your idea . . . .

Originally posted by Stumpy@ 19 August 2005, 4:55 PM
    Let me say this, though, some of our moderators take themselves, and their functions, entirely too seriously. This is a place to have fun and get to know one another better but some people just have no sense of humor.

[snapback]20535[/snapback]

(with back of hand thrown dramatically across brow) Stumpy, we are wounded :unsure: !

We don't really take ourselves that seriously, and our little tweaking with the title was meant totally in fun, and came from what we believed to be our sense of humor - we love a joke as much as the next guy or gal :lol: ! Sorry if it was taken the wrong way.

BTW, Keith, we made that little change about five days ago :rolleyes: . We wondered how long it would take for someone to catch it - congratulations!!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• I think it's pretty neat that there are some real young ones here that are Duke fans. It gives me hope for the future!

Colorado Bob = 7/4/1957

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hi Colorado Bob
    Thank you for joining the Real Senior Members thread,
    and I've now edited you in to our tapestry of life.
    Yes there are a lot of young uns in here,
    but Bob, you are much nearer to us older ones for comfort!

Best Wishes,
    ee

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Mr and Mrs Chester,
    I had a feeling you were the culprits!!
    and you tried to pin it on, poor defenceless Kevin!!
    How could you, you are a very naughty moderator!!
    Actually, I thought it was very funny,
    I was making a post Yesterday, and just noticed
    the top of the forum, and thought, Hang on
    something is different, I don't remember putting that on!!
    Thanks for the fun, and by the way,
    there was no need to change it, to (or...?)

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thanks Ethan, glad to be here. I've been reminded of my age for the last couple of days (not that my grandkids aren't a constant reminder!), while I've been digging out a broken sewer line. I'll tell ya, growing older is NOT for the weak hearted!
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Originally posted by Colorado Bob@Aug 20 2005, 06:40 PM
    I'll tell ya, growing older is NOT for the weak hearted!

Amen, Brother Bob. Our clothes washer broke down a few days ago. Today I went to town and bought a new washer, brought it home and installed it. Leveling the thing necessitated getting up and down from the floor several times. When you're 67 years old and crippled up with arthritis, doing that can be a real chore. 10 or 15 years ago, I could have done it without even breaking a sweat but anymore, my old bones hurt something awful.

I'm also in the process of scraping old paint in preparation for painting the trim on my house. The job entails climbing up and down a ladder several times a day. That's a bummer too. Wish I could find Ponce de Leon's fountain. ;)

De gustibus non est disputandum