James Bond Has Left The Building

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,304 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• From the article, he confirms that he is a very smart man. I think of him as a great actor today, and wish he and Duke crossed paths. But with Connery as James Bond that would never happen, and it wasn't until the mid '70's after Connery was completely out of the Bond scene that he would have been available, but Duke was nearing his end.

Would have been a great team.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I thought I'd heard that he was supposed to do another Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford. Anyone know anything about that?

One of my favorite movies with Sean Connery was Darby O'Gill and the Little People. My second favorite was his rendition of Indiana Jones' dad in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Chester :newyear:

Originally posted by chester7777@Jul 31 2005, 08:52 PM
    One of my favorite movies with Sean Connery was Darby O'Gill and the Little People. My second favorite was his rendition of Indiana Jones' dad in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Those were two of my favorites also, Chet. But others include "The Untouchables" and "From Russia With Love".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi

It's amazing how things turn out today he is one of the greats. When I was sixteen I watched him play football for the Showbiz eleven on a local park football pitch. Nobody knew who he was and didn't bother to get his autograph because all he was, was Diane Cilento's husband.

Apparently he was contracted to 2oth Century Fox and the only film he made was The Longest Day. Sitting on the floor of the train (He wasn't important enough to have a seat) he tld a fellow actor hat he was broke and being forced to take the unfashionable and inferior role of James Bond in Dr No.

His companion reckoned that by the time he finishes working on Bond not only would he have enough money to buy the seats, he could have bought the train.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• it a sad day to read about this as he is a fine actor, but if this is what he wants then good on him hope he has a great time playing golf. this man was like the actors of the golden age you didnt see much about him in the papers like you do the young ones who have this bit or that bit of fluff hanging off their arms.

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I always thought Sean Connery was one of our better actors - even in mediocre films, he seemed to stand out. I'm sorry that he is retiring from the movie business, but can understand his reasons. Movie making these days is such a corporate-driven business these days that it bears no resemblance to the golden era of film.
    God Bless him - I hope he has a happy retirement.
    Cheers - Jay ^^

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi,
    Like Arthur, I remember seeing
    Sean Connery, in small parts, particularly THE LONGEST DAY
    and one or two early British films,
    THE HILL,(remember that one?)
    It is fantastic, what he has achieved,
    and is a credit to Scotland,
    and the acting profession alike

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• More power to Sir Sean Connery. I do regret that if we never get to see him in something new but can hardly blame him for not wanting to put up with the idiots in H-woodland. Double thumbs up to him for standing up for what is right. :)

I sure will miss him on the big screen though. :(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Though he would cringe if he read this, but no one ever came close to matching Sean Connery's power, presence and persona as James Bond. He perfected the character, even if it is a bit different from the 007 in the novels.

Hope he enjoys his retirement.

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• What a loss to the movie industry. There just are not actors of his caliber around anymore. There are actors/actress's that come and go nowadays but none have the staying power, talent, or class that Sean Connery has. He truely is one sexy man. He will be missed by a lot of moviegoers, namely ME.

Enjoy retirement Sean, you have earned it.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

"I'm fed up with the idiots ... the ever-widening gap between people who know how to make movies and the people who green-light the movies," Connery says.

That about sums up what Dukes feelings would be if he was still alive today. Sorry to see him stop making films. He will be missed, paticulary my wife, she always thought he was HOT.

As far as Indy 4, I have heard they are done with the script and were waiting on Ford and his year long vacation, Spielberg and Lucas's projects. I guess we will see if they can "WOW" Sean back into the roll of senior Jones!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne