James Who?

There are 24 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,208 times. The latest Post () was by kilo 6.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Ah Come ON!! You have got to be kidding me?!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not trying to be unfair but in looks alone, he is worse then Timothy Dalton ever was!! Time will tell but I think this will mark the downward trend of the 007 franchise. Next to Connery, I thought the best one was Pierce Brosnan, he I thought was perfect for the role. But this guy, blonde hair? And his eyes are to close together. What other films has he been in, maybe I would change my mind if I saw him in something first. For now, I can say I am not happy about there choice for the next James Bond.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi

I agree with you, we were talking about it at work yesterday and the general consensus was who is he. Apparently in the next film he is going to be tougher and slightly nastier than his predecessors.

I must admit I am not convinced.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi Everyone,
    Like Arthur, nearly the whole population of the UK,
    haven't got a clue, who this guy is!!
    What films has he been in? Don't know!!
    As Cole says,'Give the guy a chance'
    After the likes of Brosnan,
    I think the francise, are taking a big chance.
    Just remember the Big Fry man, George Lazenby,
    his one film alone, damaged their reputation!
    and as for Timothy Dalton,
    the less said the better!!

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Once again, old Jim is gonna have to go against the grain and say that I liked Tim Dalton as Bond. Not as well as Sean, of course, but I still think he made a very credible 007.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Found this little blurb about there thoughts. Like the rest of you I am still not convinced.

-John Wayne

Originally posted by Stumpy@Oct 15 2005, 07:07 AM
    Once again, old Jim is gonna have to go against the grain and say that I liked Tim Dalton as Bond. Not as well as Sean, of course, but I still think he made a very credible 007.

[snapback]22075[/snapback]

I'm with you, Stumpy! Guess you and I are holed up in the sheriff's office while this hostile posse waits to bushwhack us when we come out! But seriously, Dalton was as close to the literary 007 as they ever got--but Connery was still the best, IMO. Now I haven't seen the new guy in anything either, but I'm going to reserve my final opinion until after I see him in a Bond film.

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

Originally posted by Cole Thornton@Oct 15 2005, 02:49 PM
    Dalton was as close to the literary 007 as they ever got

I thought so too, Cole. I thought he was excellent in "The Living Daylights" and that Maryam D'Abo was one of the most beautiful Bond girls.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I saw the report, and all I can say is "There is a Blond Bond."

Not a Bond fan, so I really don't care. Stop watching since Roger Moore left. Not saying he was a good Bond, but I lost interest with him. Sean was the best of the Bonds and the times were different than today. That's why Bond is not the effective today IMO.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Sean was the best of the Bonds and the times were different than today. That's why Bond is not the effective today IMO

This is why they are choosing this guy as Bond, to re-invent the series.

Personally, I liked Sean the best with Pierce Brosnan a close second. Except for the stinker he made with Denise Richards, his Bond movies were awesome. Sean was the class act who set the standard and Pierce was a close second. After that it would have to be Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, and then George Lazenby. Me and my wife really enjoy the Bond films and after she saw the new Bond she had the same comment as you did Hondo. "They sent with a blonde Bond?"

-John Wayne

• Hi

In yesterdays Daily Mirror Daniel Craig made the front page with the headline

The Name's Bland James Bland

In the interview he gave most of his replies were either I don't know or i'm speechless.

Questions such as : Why are you the ideal 21st Century Bond.
    What are the reasons for James Bond's enduring popularity
    Are you looking forward to becoming a legend
    What will you bring to the character
    Were all answered I don't know.

I suppose all Bonds become a legend even George Lazenby achieved his place in legend. Perhaps with the new Bond he will move up a notch to the 2nd worst Bond. At least in Lazenby's case he looked the part.

As a macabre postscript on the same page there was a picture of Pierce Bronsons statue being removed from Madam Tussauds. Yesterdays Man.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hello All
    I respect Cole thorntons opinion and I want to be fair but to this old dog there was one great Robin Hood, King Arthur, Superman, Tarzan, Bond and Mag 7 Chris, and I will enjoy their movies above all others. This new chap may be a hard working actor who gave a bad interview but my gut says our rough collie would inspire more confidence then this drug inspired new age rub a crystal squat to p__ beer wasting flag burning low down no good piece of human flotsam that washed up on the beach of the one and only worthy JW fan site. Ian Flemming will rise from the grave in a rage and if this man gets struck by lightning then we have to agree that god is a bond fan and Enough is enough. The next idiot that thinks he can replace a legend is going into the tree chipper to feed the roses!! Give us quality or give us their death!! Long live the Duke fans

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi Everyone,
    Although there seems no need to have full poll on this subject,
    Here is my list of the top 3 Bonds:-
    1. SEAN CONNERY
    2. PIERCE BROSNAN
    3. ROGER MOORE

Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hello All
    Hi Keith, no argument from me, I like something about both Moore and Bronson and yet I still feel that if it's not broken don't fix it. God bless Britannia, hope you had a 6 egg breakfast, and if you will forgive a plagerized and altered cliche,' Da_n the terrorists (and the corrupt leaders and the self centered lazy
    shiftless malcontents who couldn't find their bum in the dark with both hands and the whiners and s disturbers and the radicals and the leeches and the cheats and the religiose frauds and the demagogs and the racists and the criminals and the elitists and the snobs) AND FULL SPEED AHEAD! Kilo :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Greetings from North of the 49th

• hi all

not that i have a real liking for bond movies i have to say dont kick the dog while hes down. i have seen this bloke in some movies which are shown on our ABC telly station he has played in a lot of period films for telly he has the ability of playing both a badie and a goodie with great effect. so i think we should wait and see how he goes so dont throw out the baby with the bath water just yet

just my humble opinion

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I agree with stumpy, they had many better choices then this craig guy. Personally I liked Clive owen the best, and "vincent von doom" from fantastic four who's name eludes me right now.

He will,in fact be the shortest bond to date at being 6' tall, as well as his blonde hair (which i know could easily be colored).Well, he just doesnt seem to fit the role at the new bond, but im going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now....

-IHW

• There is nothing Bond about this blonde guy. There is no air of mystery about him, no look of class, and not real good looking either. Kind of have to think they may have made a big mistake this time.

I totally agree with your list Keith.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara