Where Have All The Cowboy's Gone?

There are 18 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,559 times. The latest Post () was by DakotaSurfer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I came across this yesterday and thought you Ladies & Gentlemen would like to see this. This is the lyrics to a song by Paula Cole.

"Where Have All the Cowboy's Gone?"

Oh you get me ready in your 56 Chevy
    Why don't we go sit down in the shade
    Take shelter on my front porch
    The dandy non sun scorching,
    like a glass of cold lemonade
    I will do laundry if you pay all the bills.

GHORUS

Where is my John Wayne
    Where is my prarie soul
    Where is my happy ending
    Where have all the cowboy's gone.

Why don't you stay the evening
    Kick back and watch TV
    and i'll fix you something to eat
    Oh I know your back hurts from working on the tractor
    How do you take your coffee my sweet
    I will raise the children if you pay all the bills.

CHORUS

I am wearing my new dress tonight
    But you don't even notice me
    Say our goodbyes
    Say our goodbyes
    Say our goodbyes

We finally sell the Chevy
    when we had another baby
    and you took the job in Tennessee
    You made friends at the farm
    and you joined them at the bar
    almost every single day of the week

CHORUS

I will wash the dishes while you have a beer
    Where is my Marlboro man
    Where is my shiny gun
    Where is my lonely Ranger
    Where have all the Cowboy's gone
    Yippi aw, yippi yea
    Yippi aw, yippi yea
    Yippi aw, yippi yea

Kind sounds a bit wierd but is OK by me since the song is sorta about The Duke. :)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Carl,
    Thanks for posting the song, it's great.
    The very first day I joined this board, I ,posted a song I'd written, in 1996.
    At the time, I posted it on the Newbie Forum, but not many members saw it,
    so this is a good opportunity to re-post it here, so
    hopefully it can be seen by more of our friends.

JOHN WAYNE ,WAS A TRUE WESTERN HERO

The wind blew snow over the plains that winter,
    COMMANCHEROS log fires lit THE TRAIL BEYOND
    'NEATH ARIZONA SKIES, came THE DAWN RIDER
    he was six-feet four, and sat TALL IN THE SADDLE

Known from EL DORADO, to the RED RIVER
    along the LAWLESS FRONTIER,NORTH TO ALASKA
    this HONDO of BLUE STEEL, was THE SHOOTIST
    he was THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE

His OVERLAND STAGE,RIDERS OF DESTINY,
    THE HORSE SOLDIERS, to FORT APACHE, they did ride
    THE SEARCHERS, THE COWBOYS, THE UNDEFEATED
    THE STAR PACKER, came WEST OF THE DIVIDE

The wind blew snow over the plains that winter
    from the RIO GRANDE, RIO LOBO, RIO BRAVO
    we shall never forget the way he stopped the STAGECOACH
    he had TRUE GRIT, from DAKOTA to THE ALAMO

John Wayne was a true western hero,
    the greatest living legend ever seen
    John Wayne was a true western hero,
    John Wayne was the true American dream.

Published Gainsborough Music 1996.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Keith, Vera.

Keith, your quite welcome my friend and I enjoyed the words to your song. Any chance of it being recorded and released? :D:D

Hi Vera, you also quite welcome my friend and I will try to find other obscure stuff on him to post when I can find it. :D

• Great songs,I've heard the song you posted, TRK but i would like to say to EE that you did a great job on putting that duke song together, well done I enjoyed it.

-IHW

Originally posted by InHarmsWay@Nov 5 2005, 03:41 AM
    Great songs,I've heard the song you posted, TRK but i would like to say to EE that you did a great job on putting that duke song together, well done I enjoyed it.

-IHW

[snapback]22810[/snapback]

Thanks,I appreciate that!
    Did you see the one I did for Harry Carey

Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Originally posted by InHarmsWay@Nov 4 2005, 11:41 PM
    Great songs,I've heard the song you posted, TRK but i would like to say to EE that you did a great job on putting that duke song together, well done I enjoyed it.

-IHW

[snapback]22810[/snapback]

Hi IHW, I aim to please (when possible) ;)

Also, long time no see and glad to see you posting again.

Take care and best regards--Carl.

• I'd like to hear it myself. How do I get to listen to it?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• That is from our very own Ethan Edwards (Keith Law). I am not sure if he has that available to listen to anywhere on the net. Chekc out his MySpace page, he might have something there.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• That is from our very own Ethan Edwards (Keith Law). I am not sure if he has that available to listen to anywhere on the net. Chekc out his MySpace page, he might have something there.

I emailed the guy that I got all my membership info from in The John Wayne Film Society and he said ethanedwards was a good member of his group because I had invited that guy to come visit us here. He said he would have to do that, he hadn't been here in awhile and kinda wants to come back and visit especially with the 100 year festivities going on. He said it was too far and too expensive for him to come but would like to know about everything that is happening and wants me to write an article for the society about my trip to Winterset. So I'll probably share some of my pictures with him as well.

That new camera is going to be pretty busy. I may have to cut down on the MP's to get more images on each card.

• Excellent songs. Very, very good. I would like to know if anyone else out there has written a John Wayne themed song or poem. I know Ray Stevens did an excellent one called "Marion Michael Morrison", but I'm wondering if any of our JWMB family have written one. I'd like to read them, if y'all would like to share them.
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Thought all you true fans of the Western genre might like to know that the first season of "Gunsmoke" will be released about the middle of July. According to a website of episode guides, there were 39 episodes in that first season back in 1955. Gonna cost around $27. and change.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• If you check out the episode listing for the series there was 39 episodes with John Wayne in the first episode playing himself. ALthough those first few years were shot in B&W this 6 DVD set is suppose to be Color & NTSC. I won't be happy if they colorized the release of these vintage episodes. It won't be the same. The total minutes basically works out, 1051 minutes total and the episodes were about 25 minutes a piece which allows for the 25 minute episodes with 2 - 3 hours to spare. Maybe the first episode was 50 min.

Most of the original actors are gone already... Doc had a heart attack, Chester had cancer, Kitty died from complications from AIDS. Only Arness and a couple others are still alive. I'll wait and see more details before I decide to buy it.