What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,509 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Tonight I watched "Wagon Master" which, IMO, wasn't one of John Ford's best efforts. It was just released on DVD about a month ago and since it's been 40 or 50 years since I'd seen it, and I'm a Western fan, I decided to go ahead and buy it. I think the monologue and story isn't all that great but I enjoyed the score. Sons of the Pioneers did their thing.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Oh Geeze, several good ones lately but ill limit it to talking about Vera Cruz w/ Gary Cooper, Burt Lancaster, Ernest Borgnine, Denise Darcel, Charles Bronson, Cesar Romero and Jack Elam.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Tonight - Maverick, with Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, and James Garner. It had been quite a while since we'd seen it and we thoroughly enjoyed it!

Earlier this week, the Mrs watched My Fair Lady with our 11-year-old daughter. I sure like it that our kids are familiar with some of the older movies and actors and actresses.

• This evening I watched "Dodge City" with two performers who, in my opinion, complemented each other perfectly. I'm referring, of course, to Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland. In every movie in which they appeared together, they were magnificent.

• A few episodes of some TV classics this week:

"Have Gun-Will Travel":
    Three Bells To Perdido
    The Outlaw

"The Wild Wild West" :
    The Night Of The Steel Assassin
    The Night The Wizard Shook The Earth

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Tonight I watched "The Fastest Gun Alive" with Glenn Ford, Broderick Crawford, Jeanne Crain and numerous character actors. It was always one of my favorite Ford films.

• Well, when we FINALLY finish relocating, ill be watching a Ronald Wilson Reagan western which also has Alex Nicol in it. Sorry I can't think of the title off hand but, you should be able to find it at W-M-like I did. I THINK it was one of those $5 movies? When I found the Reagan movie, I also found for $5-the double feature of: The Land That Time Forgot and, The People That Time Forgot.

Anyway, when we get through with the movie, the Reagan Western will soon be the last Western I saw. ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Stagecoach (1939)

A group of disparate passengers battle personal demons and each other while racing through Indian country.

Phantoms Review: One of the few nearly perfect films ever made. A simple plot elevated by great acting, direction, scenery and characters. Brilliant from start to finish. A film that truly deserves the term "classic"

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Last night I watch Rio Bravo it's one of my favorites and has a couple of my friends watch it with me they had never seen it before and they really enjoyed it.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]