What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,456,320 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched the new true grit and walked out when she fell into the snake pit. In my humble opinion the cast of the original show had a mountain of acting experience and it shows. I left because I had exhausted my open mind give it a chance perspective and it felt disloyal to an actor who has evolved in my opinion from someone dad and his brothers liked, into someone I feel I understand a little. If i was going to present for a PHD and that could happen someday, I could do a lot worse then comment on the life and times of Marion Michael Morrison, aka John Wayne.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• This afternoon, I watched "Northwest Mounted Police", w/Gary Cooper, Paulette Goddard, Preston Foster and others. Not one of Coop's best ones, I didn't think.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Last night I watched The Paleface, starring Jane Russell and Bob Hope! - Not the true story of Calamity Jane, but still funny after all these years.

Did You know, that Jane Russell had earned the Golden Boot Award?!:thumbs_up:

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• The Shadow Riders with Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott great movie that I hadn't seen in long time. I forgot how funny it was in places.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• The Shadow Riders with Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott great movie that I hadn't seen in long time. I forgot how funny it was in places.

You know, for years I've been reading comments by Western lovers about how much they liked the Selleck-Elliot film "The Sacketts". I watched it a few days ago for the first time and wasn't all that impressed.

De gustibus non est disputandum