What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,452,997 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• A great night on AMC:

"Open Range" (Kevin Costner, Robert Duvall)
    "The Quick And The Dead" (Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman)
    "High Plains Drifter" (Clint Eastwood)
    "The Fighting Kentuckian" (John Wayne, Oliver Hardy)

Even though AMC edits their movies and shows too many commercials, it's still fun to sit back and watch one of their mini-marathons.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Though IMDb lists By Dawn's Early Light under the genre of drama, it definitely has a Western flavor to it, and is a touching coming-of-age story in which a snot-nosed, spoiled brat teenager from the city learns some good life lessons from his cowboy grandpa, played well by Richard Crenna.

Worth watching!

Chester :newyear:

• Paint your wagon, musical with Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood, embarrissingly bad and hilariously funny! Marvin gets to sing (!) one good song, with a line "They civilize the freedom, 'till no one is free". Exactly how I feel

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Paint your wagon, musical with Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood, embarrissingly bad and hilariously funny! Marvin gets to sing (!) one good song, with a line "They civilize the freedom, 'till no one is free". Exactly how I feel

If I remember correctly, Clint gets to sing, too! The Mrs. says PYW is the first movie she ever saw Clint Eastwood in, and she has fond memories of it.

Chester :newyear:

• If I remember correctly, Clint gets to sing, too!

He does :stunned: . And not the first time, he even thought of a carieer as a singer... I haven't heard the earlier songs, but later ones I have, in Honkytonk man - good movie, but Clint is not very convincing as a singer, pale voice

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Well at least we got to hear Duke and Lee singing
    Redwing,
    in The Comancheros

Rememeber this,

REDWING ORIGINAL LYRICS: by {Thurland Chattaway}

REDWING

There once was an Indian maid a shy little prairie maid
    who sang all day a love song gay as through the fields she'd while the hours away.
    She loved an Indian brave this shy little prairie maid
    and then one day he rode away to battle far away..

{Chorus}
    Oh the moon shines tonight on pretty Red Wing,
    the breeze is sighing, the night birds crying,
    For a far far away her brave is dying
    and Red Wings's crying her heart away.

She watched for him day and night,
    She kept all the campfires bright,
    And under the sky,
    Each night she would lie,
    And dream about his coming by and by
    But when all the braves returned the heart of Red Wing yearned
    for far far away her warrior brave fell bravely in the fray.

{chorus}
    Now the Moon shines tonight on pretty Redwing,
    the breeze is sighing, the night birds crying,
    for a far'neath his star her brave is sleeping,
    while Redwing's weeping her heart away.

Duke sang it anorher movie too,
    I'll have to think about one!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Didn't he sing it in The War Wagon to drive Douglas nuts on the trail? Not sure... but it was the first one that came to mind.

• "The Gunfight at OK Corral" - classic western from the fifties with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas. Great score by Dmitri Tiomkin and ballad sung by Frankie Laine.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• "Man With The Gun" (1955)

A stranger comes to town looking for his estranged wife. He finds her running the local girls. He also finds a town and sheriff afraid of their own shadow, scared of a landowner they never see who rules through his rowdy sidekicks. The stranger is a town tamer by trade, and he accepts a $500 commission to sort things out.

Despite a very good cast (led by Robert Mitchum) this film is just an average "B" movie western. Not bad, but not all that great

• "The Gunfight at OK Corral" - classic western from the fifties with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas. Great score by Dmitri Tiomkin and ballad sung by Frankie Laine.

I watched this movie too. Great movie with a good pizza. :pizza:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I was eating some of those Dairy Queen chicken strips that I had mentioned elsewhere while watching this movie!

Dang Jay, all this talk about D.Q. food is making me hungry. I might go get some tomorrow afternoon since nothings happening. I might even splurge a bit and get an Oreo Cookie Blizzard. I have not had one of those in probably 20 years.

Jay, if you in S.A. are lucky, maybe you can go to a Montana Mike's - this; providing there is one there?. They have a great Chicken Strips dinner. If not, get it from Bennegan's--can't go wrong with them either. Strips are not bad at Cracker Barrell either.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Last night I saw the entire Sergio Leones "Dollars" trilogy.

"A Fistful Of Dollars"
    "For A Few Dollars More"
    "The Good The Bad and The Ugly"

What a great night.