What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,386 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Rocky Mountain" with Errol Flynn, Slim Pickens and Sheb Wooley. I had seen it on TV on an afternoon movie maybe 45 years ago and remembered being impressed by it. TCM ran it a couple days ago and I dvr'd it and finally watched it tonight.
    It was magnificent. The characters were spot on, the script was decent and the cinematography was memorable. The last ride of the Rebs was inspiring.

We deal in lead, friend.

• "Rocky Mountain" with Errol Flynn, Slim Pickens and Sheb Wooley. I had seen it on TV on an afternoon movie maybe 45 years ago and remembered being impressed by it. TCM ran it a couple days ago and I dvr'd it and finally watched it tonight.
    It was magnificent. The characters were spot on, the script was decent and the cinematography was memorable. The last ride of the Rebs was inspiring.

We deal in lead, friend.

Hi B/ you can now get it as part of the Flynn Westerns Box Set--I got it about 2-3 years ago and loved the movies therein.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Forgot to mention: watched: El Dorado--for about the 200th time. Gets better with every viewing--not that it wasnt flawless to begin with :-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Rooster Cogburn on the western channel on Encore. Good movie. Wish Hepburn and Wayne did more movies together.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• True Grit on blu-ray. It was a great transfer. Sharp and clean and as always, fun to watch.

Mark

Agreed, it's great watching these films again on Blu ray, somehow it's like seeing them anew. I'm getting set to watch Hondo on Blu ray... Finally!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• War Arrow with jeff chandler, the always lovely Maureen O'hara and a bit part for Jay Silverheels.
    Average Western, nothing to write home about.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Rooster Cogburn on the western channel on Encore. Good movie. Wish Hepburn and Wayne did more movies together.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

They had great chemistry, for sure.

Genesis, one of the top 5 episodes of Have Gun - Will Travel was on STARZ. This episode tells the story of how Paladin came to be a knight for hire and how he got his name.

We're burning moonlight.