What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,473,949 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :headbonk: I missed the beginning and cannot find a listing of what the title was but, I watched an interesting western that had James Cagney in it as well as several other "recognizable faces" in it. It was a fairly decent western.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Apr 13 2006, 01:55 PM
    :headbonk: I missed the beginning and cannot find a listing of what the title was but, I watched an interesting western that had James Cagney in it as well as several other "recognizable faces" in it. It was a fairly decent western.

[snapback]30374[/snapback]

That could have been "Tribute to a Bad Man" that had Don Dubbins and Stephen McNally in the cast. It was a decent western.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Apr 13 2006, 04:05 PM
    That could have been "Tribute to a Bad Man" that had Don Dubbins and Stephen McNally in the cast. It was a decent western.

[snapback]30378[/snapback]

Hi Jay, THANKS MUCH, that was the movie I watched. I had forgotten that Stephan McNally was in it. :headbonk: I am becoming more and more of a McNally fan. Have you ever seen: "Rogues Regiment?" if not, I highly recommend seeing it. This movie had Mcnally in it and was the movie that got me into liking him--that is because it was before I saw him as: "Matthew McAdams aka Dutch Henry Brown" in Winchester '73.

• Hi all

I had to get up at 5-30am this morning to take
    my sister to the airport. I got home about 7-00am,
    as I had the house to myself I watched one of my
    favourite westerns.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Hell Town (the reissue title of Born to the West) - a fairly good early JW Western, where Duke was entrusted with a herd of cattle from his cousin, to be transported and sold in a nearby city. Unfortunately, Duke has a bit of a gambling problem, and the sharpies in town used dishonest means to clean out his pockets of the proceeds of the cattle sale ($10,000).

We've seen it before, but it was fun to watch it again.

Chester :newyear:

• Hello all
    Bend of the River made Saturday's rain seem far away. murray ;)

Greetings from North of the 49th

• "Buchanan Rides Alone" - Randolph Scott with a lot of recognizable character actors, as well as Craig Stevens in a pre-"Peter Gunn" role and a very young L.Q. Jones.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Tombstone and The Outlaw Josey Wales

The Big Valley every day at 6:00pm on the Western channel.

"Republic. I like the sound of that word"

Davy Crockett, The Alamo

• Saw one with Kirk Douglas bbut cannot think of the title at this time. I THINK it was something like: The Big Sky?? or something like that. :headbonk:

• P.S. I'm saving my Pennies and Nickels to get the mini series: Centennial. Anyone remember that one? :D

One name comes to mind is: Jake Pasquinal (SP?) who I think was French-Canadian.

Oh and, soon to come in via snail mail, my copy of an excellent Charlton Heston/Brian Keith vehilcle known as: The Mountain Men, will be in along with: The Wild Geese and The Colditz Story. :D:D:D

• "Hooded Angels"

A truly awful film. Made in South Africa(!) about 6 years ago. The story is about a group of young women who band together to become bank robbers in the days following The Civil War. Terrible acting-some of the actors try to use Southern accents but their South African accent comes thru instead- and some of the worse music I have ever heard in a western movie. The director tries to make the film like a Spaghetti western but fails miserably. Do yourself a favor and skip this movie.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• I just saw The Undefeated. Not a great Duke movie but it was a Duke movie.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Kevin Costner, The Open range. Traditional western made in 2003. Good stuff

I don't believe in surrenders.