What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,454,154 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello all
    I watched Junior Bonner with Steve McQueen and Robert Preston. I liked it.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• This morning / afternoon, I watched a mini-westerns marathon of sorts. It all started with She Wore A Yellow Ribbon played on TCM. Then on AMC I watched The Undefeated followed by my newest Duke purchase on DvD Fort Apache. :)

I was going to try to save watching Fort Apache for Sunday evening but; I couldn't help it. :rolleyes::D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Jun 24 2006, 03:24 PM
    This morning / afternoon, I watched a mini-westerns marathon of sorts. It all started with She Wore A Yellow Ribbon played on TCM. Then on AMC I watched The Undefeated followed by my newest Duke purchase on DvD Fort Apache. :)

I was going to try to save watching Fort Apache for Sunday evening but; I couldn't help it. :rolleyes::D

[snapback]32436[/snapback]

Ha, I watched the end of Yellow Ribbon and tried watching The Undefeated but had to tend to other things.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello,
    today i caught The Undefeated.

Over the last week I have been watching the movies from the Ford/Wayne pack.

The Searchers, The Three Godfathers, and She Wore A Yellow Ribbon were the westerns I got in.

I watched the Long Voyage Home for the first time and it was a different way to watch the Duke.

• I need a little help here. I was eye-ballin a dvd I found titled "Harts of the West". Does anyone here know anything about it, or if it is a decent buy? I'm always looking to expand the old library, but I hate to purchase and never watch it again. Thanks for the help.
    Bo

• Sorry Bo, can't help ya with that title. I never saw it before. But I know what you mean by "never watch it again. I've purchased westerns that I never saw and was deeply disappointed with a few. Not many....but a few :lol:

I watched High Plains Drifter yesterday. Hadn't seen it in years and enjoyed it quite a bit. Next to Duke, ya just gotta love Clint!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• True that Dukefan1. He made some great westerns in his own right. I'm trying to track down a DVD copy of a Jimmy Stewart movie called "Winchester???" fill in the date. Great flick from when I was younger. I dont know if its out, but I'm on the prowl.
    Bo

Originally posted by bopoppa@Jun 24 2006, 10:52 PM
    True that Dukefan1. He made some great westerns in his own right. I'm trying to track down a DVD copy of a Jimmy Stewart movie called "Winchester???" fill in the date. Great flick from when I was younger. I dont know if its out, but I'm on the prowl.
    Bo

[snapback]32451[/snapback]

bopoppa,

The film you are thinking of is Winchester '73 (1950). Its available on DVD from Universal. This DVD also contains an audio commentary by James Stewart himself (the only audio commentary he ever did for one of his films). In my opinion, Stewart's commentary is worth the price of the DVD alone.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

Originally posted by ejgreen77@Jun 24 2006, 09:00 PM
    bopoppa,

The film you are thinking of is Winchester '73http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ…0357?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130 (1950). Its available on DVD from Universal. This DVD also contains an audio commentary by James Stewart himself (the only audio commentary he ever did for one of his films). In my opinion, Stewart's commentary is worth the price of the DVD alone.

[snapback]32458[/snapback]

ej, you are one hell of a hand. I appreciate the info and will be buying the movie soon. As much as I dig the Duke, I like Jimmy as well. Actually, not to sound too much like a mush, he has this great poem in a book and on audio about his dog named Beau. Simplistic and almost perfect to a guy like me.
    Bo

• I watched 3 Westerns over the weekend...

The Sundowners (1950 with Robert Preston) - very good small studio Western.

The Proud Ones (1956 with Robert Ryan and Jeffrey Hunter) - underrated reworking of the High Noon premise.

Yellow Sky (1949 with Gregory Peck and Richard Widmark) - very good Western with some beautiful black & white photography (and the usual very good performances from Peck and Widmark).

Originally posted by SXViper@Jun 24 2006, 05:53 PM
    Ha, I watched the end of Yellow Ribbon and tried watching The Undefeated but had to tend to other things.

[snapback]32442[/snapback]

Same here. I got MOST of the last movie in before I had to go do some running around.

Also, watched: Fort Apache, again last night after I watched: Behind Enemy Lines (again) :)

Originally posted by B5Erik@Jun 27 2006, 06:22 PM
    How is that one? Any good?

[snapback]32523[/snapback]

In all honesty, it didn't impress me all that much. It's not a BAD movie, just not a really good movie either, Just sort of middle of the road.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "Broken Trail"

-Robert Duvall and Thomas Hayden Church

I thought this was a wonderful movie-not as good as the classic "Lonesome Dove but I don't anything ever will be- still it was beautifully filmed, good story(the ending is on the bittersweet side) and of course the acting was great. I enjoyed it very much.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• It's going to be a toss-up tonight between: "The Comanchero's (again) and The Undefeated" (again). I don't know, I just feel like watching those again even if I did so just recently. :rolleyes::)

• Gunfighter's Moon with Lance Henriksen.

It was actually pretty darned good - kind of a cross between Open Range and Unforgiven stylistically (not as good as either one of those, but not horribly far off, either) with a bit of Shane and High Noon's stories thrown in. Well worth watching.