What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,392 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

You were impressed with 3:10 to Yuma then?

Hey Mike,

Yeah, I enjoyed this movie a lot. It had good characters and a good strong story line, lots of suspense and action. If you’ve seen the old 1957 version, it‘s tells the same story, but goes off in it’s own direction.

So, yeah, I recommend this one! It was fun to see a good Western on the big screen again. I haven’t seen one this good since “Open Range”. I think I liked “3:10” a little more.

• "Posse" (1993)

A group of mostly black infantrymen return from the Spanish-American War with a cache of gold. They travel to the West where their leader searches for the men who lynched his father.

Entertaining action movie. Good story and cast

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Over the weekend, I saw a few episodes of Gunsmoke and Bonanza. Not too bad at all. I think im starting to "get back into" wanting to watch these again.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "3:10 To Yuma" (1957)
    "3:10 To Yuma" (2007)

What a difference 50 years makes. This is the way a remake should be done.
    It stayed close to the originals storyline, but expanded upon it and made it it's own. Russell Crowe and Christian Bale did a terrific job recreating the roles originally done by Glen Ford and Van Hefflin. A great film and a must see for western fans.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "3:10 To Yuma" (1957)
    "3:10 To Yuma" (2007)

What a difference 50 years makes. This is the way a remake should be done.
    It stayed close to the originals storyline, but expanded upon it and made it it's own. Russell Crowe and Christian Bale did a terrific job recreating the roles originally done by Glen Ford and Van Hefflin. A great film and a must see for western fans.

MUST SEE. I ENJOYED THIS FILM VERY MUCH.:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Watched Law and Order, starring Ronald Reagan.

I must say I was flipping the changer and come across this movie. I thought I'd watch it for a few minutes while the commercial was on at the other channel. Well I never made it back to the other channel. :wink_smile:

This wasn't a bad flick. Makes me want to look up some Reagan movies, because I've not seen that many.

• I just saw The Indian Fighter with Kirk Douglas. Not a bad film overall, in fact I think I probably like Kirk's westerns more than James Stewart's.

• Watched Law and Order, starring Ronald Reagan.

I must say I was flipping the changer and come across this movie. I thought I'd watch it for a few minutes while the commercial was on at the other channel. Well I never made it back to the other channel. :wink_smile:

This wasn't a bad flick. Makes me want to look up some Reagan movies, because I've not seen that many.

First, Ladybug, it was a pleasure to have you over to the house watching Stagecoach. ;-D Boy is GT going to be jealous ;-D

Kevin, I too cought part of that Ronald Reagan movie. Not a bad one at all. If interested in some great Ronald Reagan movies, I suggest: Prisoner of War, Bedtime For Bonzo, The Last Outpost, Desperate Journey and Knute Rockne-All American; to name a few.

The other last westerns I saw were: 40 Guns to Apache Pass w/ Audie Murphy. A good film but not great. Then I also saw: Dodge City w/ Errol Flynn, Alan Hale Sr, Guinn "Bog Boy" Williams, Olivia de Havilland, Ward Bond and Bruce Cabot.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..