What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,491 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Sunday, I saw two pretty good episodes of Bonanza. I guess im starting to like that show again? I watched another episode this morning. ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "The Proud Ones" (1956)
    -Robert Ryan, Virginia Mayo. Jeffery Hunter

A fearless marshal clashes with a misguided cowboy, a ruthless saloonkeeper, and the indifferent citizenry as he struggles to maintain law and order in a quiet Kansas frontier town which is transformed into a riotous boomtown with the arrival of the first trail herds from Texas on the newly-completed railroad.

Good solid western adventure. Good acting and action. Nothing classic just a fine movie

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "Cowboy" (1958)
    -Glenn Ford. Jack Lemmon

Chicago hotel clerk Frank Harris dreams of life as a cowboy, and he gets his chance when, jilted by the father of the woman he loves, he joins Tom Reece and his cattle-driving outfit. Soon, though, the tenderfoot finds out life on the range is not what he expected

This is a great movie. As usual Glenn Ford give a terrific performance as the tough trail boss who takes the young tenderfoot under his wing.
    Fine performance from Jack Lemmon as the young Hotel clerk, who goes from tenderfoot to cowboy.

• As usual Glenn Ford give a terrific performance as the tough trail boss who takes the young tenderfoot under his wing.
    Fine performance from Jack Lemmon as the young Hotel clerk, who goes from tenderfoot to cowboy.

I always thought Duke would have played Glenn Ford's role in "Cowboy" better. I would have prefered him to make that film instead of the awful "Barbarian and the Geisha". Jack Lemmon was a bit old for his part.

• today we watched HOMBRAY (i think thats how its spelt)

cheers smokey

Hi Smokey, that's a pretty-good spelling but, I think the spelling your looking for is: Hombre ;-)) that is, if I have not misspelled it ;-0

• The Last Sunset - 1961

Rock Hudson, and Kirk Douglas

Scripted by Dalton Trumbo and directed by Robert Aldrich, this off-beat, almost eclectic film could be hailed as a thinking person's western. It is the dark cat-and-mouse tale of a sherrif's hunt for a philosophy-spouting criminal in the midst of a great cattle drive. - Sandra Brennan, All Movie Guide

Not a bad picture. The more I watch Kirk Douglas in a western the more I think I like him. :wink:

• Smokey and Ringo,
    Ringo is right, it is "HOMBRE" and means a Very Tough Man in the Southwest, and comes from what we Call "Border Mexican" Talk because what they Speak along the Mexican Border Is Not True Spanish !
    :evilgrin:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• Thanks for the confirmation Bill. I was afraid I misspelled it-which would be embarassing for me since I live in an area that is predominately Americans of Mexican descent. ;-D

• "Crossfire Trail" (2001)
    -Tom Selleck

Tom Selleck stars as Rafe Covington who has made a promise to a dying friend to look after his ranch and his wife (Virginia Madsen) after he is gone. Along with his two pals (David O'Hara, Christian Kane), Covington sets up shop on said ranch. Joining the trio is crusty old Wilford Brimley (barely recognizable) as a former ranch hand. Unfortunately, villain Mark Harmon also has designs on the aforementioned ranch and widow. When Selleck proves to be a formidable opponent, Harmon brings in gunfighter Brad Johnson to settle things which of course, leads to the inevitable showdown

very well made cable TV movie. Nice action, acting and scenery.

• Jesse James wth Tyrone Power as Jesse, Henry Fonda as Frank and Randolph Scott as the Liberty, Mo sherriff. It was actually a very well made film. I would recommend it. Made in I believe 1939 and filmed in color as well.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Jesse James wth Tyrone Power as Jesse, Henry Fonda as Frank and Randolph Scott as the Liberty, Mo sherriff. It was actually a very well made film. I would recommend it. Made in I believe 1939 and filmed in color as well.

Hi Todd,
    I saw this film, but wasn't impressed by it at all. But the cast in it is sure brilliant.
    Regards,
    Vera

PS I myself watched North West Mounted Police.

YOU'RE RIGHT 1939. most critics regard that year as the greatest year of movie making.
    STAGECOACH
    GONE WITH THE WIND
    WIZARD OF OZ
    GOODBYE MR CHIPS
    GUNGA DIN one of my favs.
    MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON
    to name a few

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• 1969 was the greatest year of film making:

Once Upon a Time in the West
    The Wild Bunch
    Midnight Cowboy