What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,431 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just got though watching Duke in the Film "Stagecoach" on TCM, and it never fails to Amaze me how Great this Film Was, that was Filmed in 1939 and Made Duke a Star !
    :wink:
    The only thing that I wish was that it had been in Color to Show Off Monument Valley, but at that time Color Films Cost To Much To Make.
    :yeaahh:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• I think the fact that John Carradine that Played Hatfield in "Stagecoach" in 1939 the Film that made Duke A Star, and then Played the Undertaker in Duke's Last Film "The Shootist" all those Years Later, is somthing to think about?
    :ohmy:
    Chilibill

• the first episode of gunsmoke with the intro. by the duke. he must have be filming the searchers at the time. because of outfit he had on.fun to watch.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Hi Bill, i'm hoping to get the 1st season of Gunsmoke in either later this month or sometime in November. I THINK I have seen Duke's into but not sure?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Just got though watching Duke in the Film "Stagecoach" on TCM, and it never fails to Amaze me how Great this Film Was, that was Filmed in 1939 and Made Duke a Star !

:wink:
    The only thing that I wish was that it had been in Color to Show Off Monument Valley, but at that time Color Films Cost To Much To Make.
    :yeaahh:
    Chilibill

Did it look like this 'un, Bill? Got this on ebay today.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• "The Ox-Bow Incident" (1943)
    -Henry Fonda

Tense drama of a lynch mob that seeks revenge for a ranchers murder

A great movie. Not your typical western action film, more of a drama about mob rule.
    Well acted by everyone in the cast and of course Fonda is brilliant as always

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Cought the end of The Ox-Bow Incident, saw My Name is Nobody (which is one of a VERY few "Pasta Westerns" that I like) and I think it was called: A Town Called Hard Times. Or something like that.

• Todat on TCM: "Santa Fe Trail" w/ Errol Flynn, William Lundigan, Alan Hale Sr, Guinn "Big Boy" Williams, Olivia de Havilland, Ronald Reagan and Raymond Massey.

A movie fact:

Did you guys know that Raymond Massey played the part of the Abolitionalist: John Brown, in four movies!

• BAD JIM 1989
    james brolin
    richard roundtree
    john clark gable (son of clark)
    with harry carey jr.ty hardin & rory calhoun.
    three cowboys turn bank robbers after one of them buys billy the kids horse.
    found it at a flea market one buck. not bad.

• Watched: "Shenandoah" Sunday morning. Another film I never tire of watching. Most of the rest of Sunday's TV watching was season 2 of The Andy Griffith Show.

• i think this counts. the centennial celebration at winterset last may.on dvd 1hr.43min widescreen very well done. brings back great memories. a great gift for any duke fan.:present: :hyper: :hyper: