What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,458,841 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Heaven With A Gun" (1969)
    -Glen Ford

A former gunfighter turned preacher rides into a small town just as a range war between cattleman and sheep herders starts to escalate.

Entertaining. above average "B" western. Good performances by Ford (as always) but the film is nothing new, Nothing great, but watchable.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Recently on the Encore Westerns Channel-i've seen Fort Apache several times-as well as saw Angel and the BAdman once-and The Searchers a few times. I never tire of seeing Duke on the TV screen ;-)) I've also seena few other Duke Westerns on that channel-these were some of the early 1930's ones. ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "Nevada Smith" (1966)
    -----------Steve McQueen

Synopsis: IMDB
    A naive half-Indian, half-white man evolves into a hardened killer as he tracks down his parents' murderers.

Phantoms Review: Solid well made western action tale. Good acting and an interesting story about a persons quest for revenge.

Edited once, last by Phantomstranger ().

• Hi

Distant Drums with Gary Cooper. It got the US Army fighting the Seminole Indians in Florida so I think it counts as a western. Although thinking about it it could also be a South Eastern.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Today is Oct 26. On this day in 1881 was the legendary Gunfight at the OK Corral. To commemorate this historic I'll be watching the following movies:

"Gunfight At The OK Corral" (1957)- Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas
    "Hour Of The Gun" (1967)- James Garner
    "Tombstone" (1993)- Kurt Russell, Sam Elliott

• Thanks Phantom, that sounds like a good idea to take in one of those movies.

Last night I watched "The Last of the Mohican's" (Daniel-Day Lewis) with my wife. I have always liked that movie....

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Today is Oct 26. On this day in 1881 was the legendary Gunfight at the OK Corral. To commemorate this historic I'll be watching the following movies:

It's funny - Westerns have always been my favorite genre by far but I've never seen this movie. Guess I'll have to get hold of it and watch it.

De gustibus non est disputandum

"Gunfight At The OK Corral" (1957)- Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas
    "Tombstone" (1993)- Kurt Russell, Sam Elliott

All three are really good. Today I'm gonna watch Buffalo Bill (1944) with Joel McCrea and Maureen O'Hara.

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• Yesterday I watched "Hour of the Gun", another rendering of the OK Corral story with James Garner, Jason Robards and Robert Ryan. Watchable but not nearly as good as "Tombstone" or the Lancaster-Douglas film, IMO.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Garden of Evil (1954). Directed by Henry Hathaway with a great cast: Gary Cooper, Richard Widmark, Susan Hayward . Great movie but the only strange thing is the look of the Apache.

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• "Bandolero!" (1968)

-James Stewart. Dean Martin. Raquel Welch

Plot Synopsis: IMDB
    Posing as a hangman, Mace Bishop arrives in town with the intention of freeing a gang of outlaws, including his brother, from the gallows. Mace urges his younger brother to give up crime. The sheriff chases the brothers to Mexico. They join forces, however, against a group of Mexican bandits.

Phantom's Review: Well made. entertaining movie. Decent story, plenty of action and Raquel Welch (who is absolutely gorgeous)