What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,462,083 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, it will be the last one I have seen as soon as I get around to doing sopossibly tomorrow night? The Last Outpost (aka) Cavalry Charge starring Ronald Reagan, Bruce Bennett and Hugh Beaumont (as Reagans 2nd in command)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Watched some Errol this afternoon......Flynn, that is.

Pretty good Western titled "Dodge City" though it was a stretch to imagine Errol as the boss of a crew of Texas cattle drovers, what with that British, errrr, Tasmanian accent. But I like old Errol in just about anything, British dialect or not. :wink_smile::teeth_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• "The Horse Soldiers" (1959)
    -John Wayne, William Holden

Plot:IMDB
    A Union Cavalry outfit is sent behind confederate lines in strength to destroy a rail/supply center. Along with them is sent a doctor who causes instant antipathy between him and the commander. The secret plan for the mission is overheard by a southern belle who must be taken along to assure her silence. The Union officers each have different reasons for wanting to be on the mission.

Phantoms Review: Solid well made John Wayne adventure. Plenty of action and a good story (based on true events) and fine performances from the stars.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• That would be Rio Bravo, which I watched last night....though I caught the last 30 minutes of Rooster Cogburn this evening on Encore.

• I watched "Rough Night in Jericho", starring George Peppard, Dean Martin and Jean Simmons on DVD. This one was something between "High Noon" and "Rio Bravo", I would say... But I real enjoyed it! George Peppard was the good guy and Dean Martin the bad one.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Last western I tried to watch was "Pocket Money" with Paul Newman and Lee Marvin and Strother Martin. It was labeled western, probably because it was set mostly in Mexico, but in the 1970's...I couldn't get into it, and turned it off about 20 minutes in...

Last western I successfully watched was "The Sacketts" mini-series with Ben Johnson (whoo-hoo!), Sam Elliot, Glenn Ford, and Tom Selleck. One of my favorites. :D

• "Escape From Fort Bravo" (1953)
    -William Holden

Plot: IMDB
    In the Civil War, Fort Bravo is a prison camp for captured southerners. Its isolated position and unfriendly natives make escape almost impossible, but anyone who tries is always brought back by by-the-book Captain Roper. A group of prisoners hatch a plot to get away by bringing in a southern belle to distract the Captain. The plan seems to work, but the inhospitable desert, the murderous Indians, and - most importantly - the Colonel apparently wronged in love mean that this is only the start.

Phantom's Review: This is a great movie.Plenty of action, suspense and fine performances from the stars. A classic.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Haha. What a coincidence, Phantomstranger. I've got "Escape from Fort Bravo" tivo'd to watch. :D

Just finished watching "Dallas" starring Gary Cooper and Raymond Massey. It was entertaining enough that I saw it through to the end, but not entertaining enough that I would watch it again. :C

Last western I successfully watched was "The Sacketts" mini-series with Ben Johnson (whoo-hoo!), Sam Elliot, Glenn Ford, and Tom Selleck. One of my favorites.

I like Tom Selleck. I have seen him in "Quigley Down Under" and in "Last Stand at Saber River". Unfortunately I never had the chance to see "The Sacketts". I never found a version for RC-2 DVD-players...

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• the Mrs bought me Hondo the other week and i finally got round to watching it at the weekend.
    it was worth the wait,i really enjoyed it :thumbs_up:

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• I like Tom Selleck. I have seen him in "Quigley Down Under" and in "Last Stand at Saber River". Unfortunately I never had the chance to see "The Sacketts". I never found a version for RC-2 DVD-players...

I caught it on the Encore Western Channel - a staple for me. :teeth_smile: And they usually replay the same ones a few times. I also liked "The Shadow Riders" - Ben Johnson as Uncle "Black Jack" Traven is one of my favorites he's done.

Watched "Chisum" Last night. Did I mention I'm on a Ben Johnson kick? Even though I know the facts were fudged a bit, this is one of my most re-watched DVD's. :teeth_smile: