What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,457,341 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "The Great Silence" (1968)

Plot: IMDB
    A mute gunslinger faces off against a gang of bounty hunters in the great blizzard of 1899, and a grim, tense struggle unfolds.

Phantom's Review: Action packed spagahetti western with interesting characters and one of the most shocking and unhappy endings I have ever seen.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Little Big Man
    Enjoyable enough passed monday afternoon as it was to hot to be in the garden:teeth_smile:

• Major Dundee-last night. It was good to see Charlton Heston, Richard Harris, James Coburn, Ben Johnson, Brock Peters, Jim Hutton, Senta Berger, L.Q.Jones, Slim Pickens, Dub Taylor ANNNNNND Michael Pate.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "The Burrowers" (2009)

Plot: IMDB
    It is 1879 in the Dakota Territories. A handful of brave pioneers maintain isolated settlements in the badlands beyond civilization. Irish Immigrant Fergus Coffey is near to winning the hand of his beloved Maryanne when she is suddenly taken from him, her family brutally abducted in a nighttime attack on their homestead. Suspicion falls immediately on hostile Indians. Experienced Indian fighters Will Parcher and John Clay form a posse and set out to rescue the kidnapped settlers, taking along a naïve teenager hoping to prove himself a man, an ex-slave looking to find his place in the world and their ranch-hand, Coffey. But as men vanish in the night and horrific evidence accumulates with the dead and dying, the group discovers that their prey is far more terrifying than anything human, and their prospects are far more terrible than death.

Phantom's Review: I've always been a fan of both westerns and horror movies and always found it interesting when someone tries to combine the two, but in most cases these hybrid films, well.....suck. But much to my surprise "The Burrowers" is actually a decent film. Lots of western action, a decent story and some fun looking monsters. Not a great movie by any means, but entertaining.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• I watched Angel and the Badman tonight.

Haven't seen it in about a year.

What a great film!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

• Watched "The Cowboys" this afternoon, which I thought was an excellent Duke film. However, I thought the segment with the Madam and her girls was totally extraneous and should have been eliminated from the final cut.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Watched this last night, which is one of my favorite Westerns. A funny yet melancholy tale about the passing of the cowboy West. Lee Marvin and Jack Palance turn in great performances.

I've never understood why they don't release films like this on DVD. My copy is on disc but I recorded it from a VHS tape and naturally, the quality is not top-notch.

• Just finished watching the tail end of a Western on TCM. I don't know what it was called but-it had Randolph Scott, Robert Young, Barton MacClane-and a couple of other "Recognizable Faces" in it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Broken Lance
    A Western Drama with a great Cast: Spencer Tray, Robert Wagner, Richard Widmark, .... :wink_smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• "The Proud Rebel" starring Alan Ladd, Olivia de Havilland, Dean Jagger and Harry Dean Stanton.

Story of an ex-Confederate officer trying to obtain medical help for his mute son in the North after the Civil War.

"Shane" it wasn't. Don't know how Ms. de Havilland ever let herself get roped into this less-than-outstanding film.

• The Horse Soldiers
    There is nothing better than Holden and Duke in the Civil War.:thumbs_up:

Navajo Joe
    Hmm Burt Reynolds dressed as Indian on a venegeance tour. You must be a fan of Italian Westerns to like it. Nevertheless beside of all the violence an entertaining flick with a good music score from Ennio Morricone.:shades_smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)