What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,456 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched the new true grit and walked out when she fell into the snake pit. In my humble opinion the cast of the original show had a mountain of acting experience and it shows. I left because I had exhausted my open mind give it a chance perspective and it felt disloyal to an actor who has evolved in my opinion from someone dad and his brothers liked, into someone I feel I understand a little. If i was going to present for a PHD and that could happen someday, I could do a lot worse then comment on the life and times of Marion Michael Morrison, aka John Wayne.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• This afternoon, I watched "Northwest Mounted Police", w/Gary Cooper, Paulette Goddard, Preston Foster and others. Not one of Coop's best ones, I didn't think.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Last night I watched The Paleface, starring Jane Russell and Bob Hope! - Not the true story of Calamity Jane, but still funny after all these years.

Did You know, that Jane Russell had earned the Golden Boot Award?!:thumbs_up:

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• The Shadow Riders with Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott great movie that I hadn't seen in long time. I forgot how funny it was in places.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• The Shadow Riders with Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott great movie that I hadn't seen in long time. I forgot how funny it was in places.

You know, for years I've been reading comments by Western lovers about how much they liked the Selleck-Elliot film "The Sacketts". I watched it a few days ago for the first time and wasn't all that impressed.

De gustibus non est disputandum