John Wayne Picture Game #6

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,138 times. The latest Post () was by BrianB.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Greetings to all!

First, I would like to announce the winners of the last two games.

Game #3: Dukefan1 :D
    Game #4: Hondo Duke Lane :D

Congradulations on your captions! It's great to read everyones captions and have a laugh to get us through the week. For that, I wish to thank everyone. I think everyone enjoyed the Duke/O'Hara picture the most so far.

Now for Game # 6. At the end of The Quiet Man, Mary Kate whispers into Sean's ear a little secret. Everyone probably knows what she might of said. Now you can either tell us what she could of, should of, or would of said.

Remember, to also vote for the most witty caption of Game #5. Your votes do count!

[SIZE=3]"Here's to you Duke, untill we meet again."[/SIZE]

• Ok, first, my vote on #5 goes to Itdo. As for this picture: Maureen says "Let's go inside and I'll make you the UN-Quiet Man! dukefan1

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• My vote goes to itdo on Game #5 with this:

FIELD MARSHALL ROMMELL (read with German accent): "Look over there, Gentlemen... how calm, how peaceful... But beyond the peaceful picture? John Wayne, waiting to be unleashed - against us! Believe me, Gentlemen... the first 24 hours of waiting till Wayne finally finishes his chess game will be decisive. For the allies as well as Germany - it will be the Longest Day!"

JOHN WAYNE: "Aaaw, the Baron showed this picture the wrong way round! Now I donno if I'm black or white!"
    :D

And now my caption for this picture.

Mary Kate: (whispers to Wayne): Did you know that your pants are unzipped, and you're not wearing any underwear?

{The secret that Ford and O'Hara has kept from the world that has plaged Duke fans for 50 years.}

Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• :D

i forgot to tell you "i put iching powder in your pants"

or

"do you want crumpit with that"

smokey :D

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• MAUREEN: "Sorry I have to be the one to tell you, Duke but - I've just heard that while you have been away to Ireland for 6 months to do this silly little movie, Audie Murphy has been announced Box Office Attraction Number One - - because you weren't available, John Payne was immortalized in the Cowboy Hall of Fame - - Republic Studios is shooting your Alamo-script as a B-movie-cheapie - - your wife Chata is having an affair with Randolph Scott - - and the House of Unamerican Activities has asked several times if you are a member of the Communist party - and since you never answered they released a statement that they believe you're a Commie. Duke - why is your grin freezed like that? You beginnin to scare me, Duke -- Kooooorpsman!!"

• Hey guys
    thanks a lot for your votes! Sorry if I don't vote myself - I think all our posts are truly funny and I find myself coming back to this board several times a day to check the new ones out. So I hope you don't mind my not voting, Baron - if I may I'll just partizipate for the hell of it! Here's another one:

Maureen:
    "Just let me know when you decided under which arm you'll use that CRUTCH this time, Duke!"

By the way:
    In the German version (I'm in Switzerland, so I had to live with that one until I found out where to buy the originals) they DUBBED this scene and actually let Maureen say: "You won't need that anymore." (of course, she said that in German). They took away that magic moment - bohohoo! Bye now. :lol:

• Mary Kate: Sean, I know your new to farmin' and all, but I must tell you, that's horse manure your standing in.

O'Hara to Wayne: I always wanted to know, John, are you paranoid about your pants falling down? After all, your the only person I know who wears a belt and suspenders!

itdo, if you or anybody doesn't want to vote thats fine. I, myself enjoy reading the captions also. And also, I too remember as a kid, hearing her say the same thing in english before she threw away the stick. When I bought the DVD, she said nothing so I though it was my imagination.

:D

[SIZE=3]"Here's to you Duke, untill we meet again."[/SIZE]

• Well, Hondo beat me to my number one choice for caption, but here are a few for you to think over.

Maureen: "Hey, what do you say we head over to that haystack over there?"

OR

Maureen: "I'll bet they'll be wondering for a hundred years what I'm whispering to you right now, that's putting such a smile on your face."

OR

Maureen: "I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm running away with Robbie." B)

That's all for now, folks!

Chester

• Hi roland is it because your from switzerland that you remain NEUTRAL when it comes to voting ;)

Your a funny boy Chester with your latest caption :D

Regards
    Robbie

• Mary Kate: "Husband isn't it time we go back to the house and finish......and if you beat me their......"

Brian
    Tulalip