Seven Men From Now

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,568 times. The latest Post () was by ejgreen77.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just wanted to inform you guys/gals about a DVD that will be released on the 20th of Dec. Its from Batjac studios and if you have not seen it, you are missing a good western. Its called "Seven Men From Now". Stars, Randolph Scott, Gail Russell and Lee Marvin. I just ordered it from Deep Discount DVD for $9.36, which of course has free shipping.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Todd,
    Hope you are well, and shooting all those Turkeys??
    Thanks for the link, that looks, like a film worth seing.
    I like Randolph Scott,Lee Marvin,
    and I certainly liked Gail, but then who didn't?

Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Todd,
    I also received a letter from amazon about this DVD. It seems very interesting to watch, but my main goal is Duke films now, so this could wait.
    Regards,
    Senta

• You could say that, in a roundabout way, 7 Men From Now IS a Duke film. The Duke co-produced it, and suggested Randolph Scott for the lead. Some people have even said that he wished that he could have taken the lead role in this one after he saw the film.

It is a fantastic movie, and one of Randolph Scott's best. Lee Marvin gave arguably his best pre-60's performance in this one (one his best ever, actually), and Boetticher did a fantastic job directing it.

The people hired by Batjac did a great job rescuing the movie, too, as the master print had faded so badly that 7 Men From Now was almost lost.

It's a quick movie at about 79 minutes, and is well worth watching. I am very glad that Paramount put this one out - and I hope that Sony releases the old Columbia Scott/Boetticher movies this year.

• I don't know how we missed this thread, except that we didn't actually get the movie until about a month ago (at a local electronics store).

We must echo the sentiments expressed here, the movie was well done, and Lee Marvin had a good part in it that he played well. Gail Russell had grown up some in the 9 years since she appeared in Angel and the Badman, and was still very beautiful.

If you have a chance to watch this movie, grab that chance! You won't be sorry!

Chester :newyear:

• Hello All
    Does lee marvin play a villain or good guy in this one? murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by kilo 6@May 4 2006, 11:26 PM
    Hello All
    Does lee marvin play a villain or good guy in this one? murray

[snapback]31020[/snapback]

Well, he's definitely not a good guy in this one. I'd recommend you watch it yourself and find out. It's actually quite a complex character he plays in this one.

E.J.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!