How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 917,957 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• We're under a dome of high pressure which seems not to want to move out! As a result, we are getting skies with very few clouds and temps around 101 or l02F. Humidity is miserable too!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Exactly as Jay said-samething here. The past several days have been excruciatingly unbearable. I go out for my daily 1 hr walks-and I expect to sweat a lot while doing so but-at the end of my route I take-is a small park with one picnic table there-and even resting in the shade with a breeze at ones back-I still drip sweat just as much a like im still exercising. For things like that, that is why I loathe warm and hot weather. Gimme Winter anytime any day-over the miserable type summers we have here.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• I'm sick of rain!

Maryland has got more than her share of rain this spring. I love this time of year, being able to sleep with the windows open. But with so much rain all the time, it feels like you're sleeping in a wet towel. And dark days bring you down. Where are you Mr. Sunshine?

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I'm sick of rain!

Maryland has got more than her share of rain this spring. I love this time of year, being able to sleep with the windows open. But with so much rain all the time, it feels like you're sleeping in a wet towel. And dark days bring you down. Where are you Mr. Sunshine?

If it were possible to trade Weather with you-I think most Texans would be very glad to have the rain, clouds and cooler temps.

• It is 80 today but with 90% humidity. I need to keep checking my feet to make sure no webs are growing with all the rain we are getting. Over 20 days in May, and now 11 days in June. Always wondered if I could handle the rainy days of England, well now I think I know. Only thing it makes the joints ache.

• HOT HOT HOT here as is usual. Today of course-not only was it hot but no wind blowing but the humidity doesn't seem to be high here today like in the past several. One things for sure is that today is the longest day of the year-which is a day I celebrate everytime it passes-because it means that Winter aint too far down the road as well as longer nights ;-))

• We actually had sunlight today.:jump: The sad part is my Wife says honey something stinks in the back yard and I think it is a dead animal. With it raining so much a rabbit had settled under our wheelchair ramp and the rain water flooded under there and drowned it.:no:

• frigid it is dont like the cold and they say it is to get colder before we get warmer dont know how i will survive till summer has been going down close to zero had 3 just last night. trying to live without the heater as electricity has just gone up again.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• trying to live without the heater as electricity has just gone up again.

You can thank the environmentalists, global-warming fanatics and Al Gore for this situation, Smokey. And it's only gonna get worse if these people get their way.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• let's not forget the hail the size of a shooter marble!

That's called a taw, Lieutenant, though I doubt many of the newer generation know that because who plays marbles anymore. :teeth_smile:

P.S.
    When I was 12 or 13 years old, I was one of the best marble shooters you ever saw. Had many coffee cans full. My "taw" was an "aggie" (for agate) about 3/4 inch in diameter.

De gustibus non est disputandum