How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 976,814 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• some rain cold nights but warm during the day looking up for a good summer fingers crossed am looking forward to a hot one better than the last summer which was wet in more ways than one. had a hail storm last week here place looked a snowy day someone uploaded some of it to youtube. will see if i can find it and post address so you can see my back yard lol

look for "drive through camira after hail storm 30/08/2011" the driver is travling along a road just 5 mins walk from home.

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

Edited once, last by smokey ().

• That was a lot of hail, smokey. It's a trip seeing someone driving on the left side of the road. Here in the States, we see it as the "wrong side of the road", but I am sure people from over there think WE are driving on the wrong side. lol

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Dunno what were supposed to have? It thundered this morning for a few hours but no rain. Today is as breezy as yesterday but with smoke from some wild fires blowing through here causing Asthematics like me-to cough and sputter a lot.

What you are getting, Carl, is smoke from the Bastrop fires. The satellite view showed the smoke heading directly for Corpus.
    It got up to 95 degrees today, but very low dewpoint so it didn't feel quite as hot. Was coolish this morning with temps in the low 60s. I can't wait until the first cool front really comes in. STILL NO RAIN, hardly any clouds in the last 6 days!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• some rain cold nights but warm during the day looking up for a good summer fingers crossed am looking forward to a hot one better than the last summer which was wet in more ways than one. had a hail storm last week here place looked a snowy day someone uploaded some of it to youtube. will see if i can find it and post address so you can see my back yard lol

look for "drive through camira after hail storm 30/08/2011" the driver is travling along a road just 5 mins walk from home.

I've always been surprised about the winter weather Australia experiences because isn't it fairly close to the equator? Especially the northern part of Australia where you live, smokey?

De gustibus non est disputandum

smokey,

We watched the video. I suspect all our Texan members are envious of all that precipitation! BTW, being below the equator, does that account for the fact that everyone is driving on the other side of the road? :wink_smile::wink_smile: Just kidding!!

Chester :newyear:

• stumpy we are in what is called the sub-tropics from rockhampton upwards is the tropics and yes we are close to the equator espcially up north as they have the monsoon rains, yep come down under where we drive on the other side, the water goes down the plug hole the other way as well lol

• stumpy we are in what is called the sub-tropics from rockhampton upwards is the tropics and yes we are close to the equator espcially up north as they have the monsoon rains, yep come down under where we drive on the other side, the water goes down the plug hole the other way as well lol

I've studied the Google map of Australia more closely and based on your remark about Camira being "just a 5-minute walk from home", see that you are further south toward Antartica than I realized. I can understand now why you'd get hail and other winter weather where you live. Though considering the Latitude, even Camira isn't all that distant from the Equator.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Right now, it looks like temps going back up with no rain in sight for at least ten days!

Uggg.

Also, I just learned yesterday that a friend of mine in Bastrop, lost everything due to that damned fire going on. Lost everything including his Dogs.

Still with a northerly-like breeze and lower humidity.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• well the warm weather went west we are in for a few cold mornings again looking at from 5-10 overnight wish the rain would go away and let summer come in.
    yes stumpy we are in the southeast corner of queensland so we get the cold winds from down south in winter and the warmer winds from up north in summer when it happens lol

Edited once, last by smokey ().