How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 924,576 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This week has been typical Kansas weather. First starting last thursday it started raining measurable amounts. The first since Dec., this continued all weekend. :jump: Then the begining of the week the snow came.(my personal favorite) Some parts of the state received 12-14 inches, but no one is complaining about the wet or the cold. Hopefully it is enough to save the wheat crops some but don't if it is enough to pull us out of our drought. Anyway at least it is finally cold and muddy.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• Hello All
    Finally saw some warm sunshine today. Senta how is the weather in Russia?
    murray :jump:

Greetings from North of the 49th

• It seems like all we are getting here is rain and temps in the low 60's... I like the temps and enjoy rain... but we have had enough rain already. Ground is saturated and the creeks are starting to reach the tops of their banks... and the forecast is calling for more rain, looks like I may be doing some sandbaging by the end of the day if it doesn't ease up a bit.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

Originally posted by erthomp143@Apr 4 2006, 03:31 PM
    It seems like all we are getting here is rain and temps in the low 60's... I like the temps and enjoy rain... but we have had enough rain already. Ground is saturated and the creeks are starting to reach the tops of their banks... and the forecast is calling for more rain, looks like I may be doing some sandbaging by the end of the day if it doesn't ease up a bit.

[snapback]30106[/snapback]

I sure wish you could send that rain here to south texas. I finally broke down and bought another waterhose to reach outside the immediate area where I live. I'm able to keep the vegitation well taken care of but, I had noticed that the area surrounding mine is NOT well kempt. A few days ago I started watering those areas as well--the grass was brown and dead and the only green there were the weeds. I planted some carpet grass there after de-weeding and I already see that the grass will do nicely there. Also in my area, we have Burmuda grass everywhere--but that is better than weeds.

Anyway, to get back on subject, it is hot and VERY humid here today with light winds out of the south. Summer has already placed its tight grip on south Texas. :(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Well I lived in Houston for four years when I was growing up, did basic training in San Antonio and worked in Austin for a year a few years back, so I understand what your talking about. So I will see what I can do about sending some rain your way... maybe I can put some in a bottle... lol

• hi everyone

we are having a bit of rain. saw on the news last night that there had been some big winds go through you country hope there wasn't anyone we know in there path

if your in this area keep your heads down and hopefully it will pass you by

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Apr 4 2006, 02:52 PM
    Summer has already placed its tight grip on south Texas. :(

[snapback]30109[/snapback]

You got that right, Carl.
    Cheers - Jay <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Well it has not stopped raining here yet, but it did let up enough that the water level of creek next to my house dropped over night. So it looks like there will be no sandbags for Eric today...

Originally posted by erthomp143@Apr 4 2006, 04:07 PM
    Well I lived in Houston for four years when I was growing up, did basic training in San Antonio and worked in Austin for a year a few years back, so I understand what your talking about. So I will see what I can do about sending some rain your way... maybe I can put some in a bottle... lol

[snapback]30110[/snapback]

We can definately use it my friend. Also, glad that your situation is getting better--and no sandbags for many months or years to come. ;-))

Ukk--basic training in Texas must have been misery for you Gents. I take it that you were in the USAF? My father did his basic training in San Antonio as well during WWII.

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Apr 5 2006, 01:35 PM
    You got that right, Carl.
    Cheers - Jay <_<

[snapback]30132[/snapback]

Jay, I hope you there don't get too many Tornado's, I have a feeling that Corpus Christi is on the "chopping block" this year with the Hurricanes. I mean, we here are already chewing our fingernails and Hurricane Season is not supposed to start till I think June? Hurricane Celia Was the last "bad" one we got though Hurricane Allen did do alot of damage in CC and in Kingsville (where we lived at the time) I definately aint looking forward to this summer.

Another thing that makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck is, that during our so-called "winter" that the water temperature in the Gulf of Mexico, never really had time to get colder and only dropped about 15-20 degrees. Boy is it ever so warm --and again ever so early. :(:blink::fear2: I think this is going to not be a very good summer this year. I am not the panicking type but, I admit that I am a bit nervous about this Hurricane Season. Last year was bad enough. :uhuh:

• Carl - This summer is looking to be another scary one for hurricanes, I agree. I know Corpus is way overdue for a big blow. I hope it doesn't happen, but the probability is getting more and more in favor of one of those monsters coming ashore in your area. :fear::wacko:
    I, for one, will be keeping high thoughts in your direction that it doesn't occur.
    Cheers - Jay ^^

"Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Apr 5 2006, 04:22 PM
    Carl - This summer is looking to be another scary one for hurricanes, I agree. I know Corpus is way overdue for a big blow. I hope it doesn't happen, but the probability is getting more and more in favor of one of those monsters coming ashore in your area. :fear::wacko:
    I, for one, will be keeping high thoughts in your direction that it doesn't occur.
    Cheers - Jay ^^

[snapback]30141[/snapback]

Thank you my friend. Yep--on yesterdays evening news, they were saying that we are up from last year to a 50-50 chance of being hit hard--up from about 30% For several years now, I have looked at each season as "the one that we will get hit in" and thankfully; we avoided that bullet each time.

• Over the Easter weekend, we've had near-record high temperatures in the 90s and cloudless afternoons and are supposed to have a couple more before a weak front drops temperatures about 10 degrees. We've had very little winter while spring just up and dropped out of the equation. We may be in for a very hot summer :wacko::stunned:
    Cheers - Jay <_<

"Not hardly!!!"

• Well it looks like the rain is finaly going to end, no chance of rain until this weekend, and we are now up to a toasty 61 deg.

• funny thats how people react when they are driving out here and it's every stinkin time...

"Dude, whats that stuff hitting my windshild?" :headbonk:

• A steamy 91F and record high today.

We have had less than a foot of rain since September 2005. The last few months are suppose to be the wettest months of the year, and we didn't get it.

Hey Chester, send us some of your rain.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote