How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 924,849 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by SXViper@Jul 9 2006, 07:10 PM
    Send the rain north fellas, its not looking to good at the moment.

[snapback]32842[/snapback]

Cheers Emmanuel, Todd,

Todd, well we got another nice summer shower yesterday morning. It was a deleuge for about 10 minutes and then quit. Anyway, the low pressure in our area is now being replaced with a high pressure area. Looks like you guys will possibly getting the rains you need.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Nope ringo, the weatherman tonight said that the outlook till September is "drought is likely". This is not good for the corn and beans. Hope they are wrong.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Todd, I too hope the weathermen in your area are wrong. Again towards the end of this week-we have two days that were supposed to get some rain on. Had no rain on Monday and none in the forecast for Tues and Wednesday. I do hope your drought does come to an end soon. Even though we here have had rain at some time for 10 days in a row, our drought still aint over either. :(

• I'm feeling fairly lucky in this region of the world. It's been a very nice, moderate summer so far. I've never had reason to complain about the summers up here. I just wish we could send the rain down to West Texas where my family lives and where I was raised. I'm hoping this 72 deg weather holds out for quite a while. B)
    Bo

• Hello all
    Summer is good here. We have had balmy days for a week warm enough for shorts and cool enough to work in. It rained a few days ago but only during the night. You can't hope for much better then that. :D

Greetings from North of the 49th

• 94 and humid. They are talking temps at 100 both Saturday and Sunday :headbonk::headbonk:

I'm Melting!! I'M Melting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Jul 13 2006, 12:31 AM
    94 and humid. They are talking temps at 100 both Saturday and Sunday :headbonk::headbonk:

I'm Melting!! I'M Melting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[snapback]32960[/snapback]

I thought that was only for the wicked witch of the west? :-))

PS, we too are VERY hot n humid today. Also the mosquitos are really bad. I sat outside last night on the porch to play with my cats and as soon as the sun whent down, the mosquito swarms began. I estimated that in about 10 minutes of them buzzing and landing on me, that I killed at least 30 of them before I "got the message" and went inside.

• Hi all,

Looks like we are back in the sunshine for
    the next few days really really hot, in the
    mid 20's, to hot for you Texans. :lol: B)

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Hello All
    Blue Skies and cool breezes. We have the odd mosquito here to but they are easy to avoid. We have a team of University students that are given a summer program each year to catch and release our sqeeters. They hang cow bells on them so when you hear the bell tolling you say to yourself--for whom the bell tolls? If you answer back--it tolls for me--then you go indoors until the varmit flys off to drain some unsuspecting sleeping dog or cat. :fear2::fear:;)

Greetings from North of the 49th

• (SIGH) Yesterday was absolutely miserable around here. Today seems to be slightly cooler and thankfully, the mosquitos seemed to have dissappeared. :)

• Still hot n humid here. This morning we had a quick little thunderstorm blow through. It poured for about 10-15 minutes and then took about 10 minutes to taper off to a sprinkle. I'm very appreciable for the rain even though it's hotter and more miserable this afternoon. :fear2::fear::blink::wacko::uhuh::stunned::dead:

• It's been quite good here, we've had a good amount of rain in the last few days, nothing to much, but enough to give everything a green tinge, we don't see green grass that much anymore.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Since last Friday we have had temps of 110, 114, 112, 109 today should be around 105 and tomorrow should be around 100. We normaly get a really good cool down at night as the air blows in over the bay taking even our hotest days down to the 60's at night. For the last four days I have not seen the temp go below 80 deg's. We are not used to this kind of heat, so I keep the kids inside all day and that gets taxing on all of us. Makes me not sure which is worse, the kids in the house all day or the heat that my little window AC's can't keep up with. Oh well the high pressure is starting to break up so the cool down is on the way.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Things have started cooling down this week. We were suffering from what folks around hear call the 100 100's. Temps were in the 100's even till about 7:00pm with humidity to match! :o

Thankfully things have cooled off a bit now.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• We got hit by the tail end of a major set of thunderstorms yesterday afternoon/evening. It was several degrees cooler, overcast sky from about 3:30 Pm on, and had light rain for about an hour. It rained enough over that time to jusssssst get the sidewalks wet enough to see anything.

• Here we got NOTHING! Most of the rain went east or south of our area. Some promising storms Tuesday, but it only got as far north as Floresville. The dry yard is getting even drier. Temps about normal for this year - mid 90s.
    Cheers - Jay <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"