How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 927,667 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The area where I live in north Texas has had non-stop rain and thunderstorms for about 6 or 8 weeks. Mind you, I'm not complaining as we ordinarily don't get nearly enough rain. All the vegetation is green and lush, and the ponds are bank full. The cattle ranchers are happy because they have plenty of good grass and lots of water for their herds. Not sure how the wheat and cotton farmers feel about all the rain though.

I told my wife that as far as our weather goes, it's usually famine or feast (meaning drought or floods). This spring we've had much more feast than famine. My only complaint is that I must constantly mow the grass as it grows overnight with all the moisture. Think I'll get a goat and tether it in the yard. :wink_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hot and humid and dry. But we are in for a change. It seems that the rain that Stumpy has been getting is heading our way. We actually have an 80% chance of rain forecast tomorrow and it is beginning to come into our state right now. Of course seeing is believing and I haven't seen this in a long time, so we'll see and I'll report tomorrow.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well, it started out to be humid this morning, and a little rain, then the sun came out and OW! :omg_smile: It played a little throughout the morning until it did a pretty good rain around the lunch time. Then it just sprinkled throughout the afternoon. We were around the mid 80's in the morning until the rain came and then went to the 70's. All in all we got about a half inch of the wet stuff which is more than we had for the past month and a half all together. :ohwell: Might get some more this evening. I guess it's better than not getting none. It's leaving and we're going to get hot, humid, and dry for the next few days. Not a drought buster, but it did help.:closedeyes:

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Had a band of thunderstorms blow through yesterday morning with high winds and heavy rain for about 20 minutes, then moderate to light rain through the rest of the afternoon.
    The weatherman said it was some kind of major system that changed our weather pattern for the next several days with rain in the forcast through Saturday.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• pant... pant... pant

I... need... water... it's... too... darned... hot... here... Ninety... two... degrees... and... still... climbing... with... 60... percent... humidity... (thud)

Help... I've... fallen... and... I... can't... get... up... :dead:

• Heh heh, lets send some relief toward Dakota's place :-))

This morning bout 7 am we had a short thunderstorm. Not sure how much rain--but by the time I got up to feed the cats, it was already steamy and sunney and only a few puddles to be seen. However, around 11 or so, it started to look like it was going to rain but--only stayed overcast (which I love) and was noticably cooler--and for the 1st day of summer too! Now that it will soon be past us--we can start taking off 2 minutes of daylight per day YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Pretty pleasant around here the past few days - upper eighties to low nineties, but LOW humidity, so quite tolerable. I could have used a little breeze at the hot dog cart today, but overall it was pretty nice.

And we get those wonderful cool nights! :biggrin: We run the fans overnight, blowing cool air into the house, then shut it up tight in the morning. It's almost like the house is air-conditioned.

Chester :newyear:

• It has really been a cool June around here - forcast is for scattered T-storms all through the coming week into the weekend with temps at the most near ninety (but mostly in the low to mid-eighties; high humidity however!

"Not hardly!!!"