How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 977,148 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Smokey, I hope that all you get if that storm stsyem turnes into a Typhoon (ouch, that hurt to mention the word as im not used to it and only used to the word Hurricane ;-)) anyway, I hope all you get from it is some neded rains but no flooding.

Today here was partly cloudy temps reached to about 72 degrees. Winds from the south and humidity back in the picture of things.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• hi ringo

they are saying that we will be having king tides with this low which could cause some flooding in low laying places. they still say the low could turn into a cyclone and they say if it does become one it will be like the one which caused the '74 floods. this time the dams are low so we should not have as much flooding if it turns out this way.

today the weather could not make up its mind one minute its raining next sun is shining showers expected again tomorrow. it is 26.7C at 11:03pm

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Smokey, thanks and that's good to know that weather system should not be too bad of one. Here in Corpus Christi, were always sitting on the Bullseye when it comes to Hurricanes. We've been very lucky these past 26 or so years; and not had one hit here.

• Got some light snow today. Will be heading out on the snowmobile tomorrow with a group of people. I am bringing the camera so hopefully I can share a few photos.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• beaches have been closed from the sunshine coast to the gold coast because of the gale force winds whipping up the sea and making it unsafe for swimmers. glad im not going anywhere near the beach this new year. they are still keeping an eye on the low will let you know how it turns out. we havent had a good blow this far down the coast since '74 they have had a couple up the coast which caused lots of damage. have lived in cyclone country when i was a child so know what i have to do to prepare for the big blow if it happens.
    was a warm day today no rain as of yet temp is 28C and its only 10:48pm.

cheers smokey

• Gloriously overcast with a decent breeze still cool but starting to get humid again. Looking forward to that COLD front thats supposed to arrive here on New Years.

• the low has moved north east out to sea but they are still keeping an eye on it. beaches are still closed have had some strong winds today only a fraction of what they would be like closer to the coast. we live about 2 hrs drive from the coast. no rain today but overcast

cheers smokey

• Yesterday had mild enough temperatures that we only had a fire in the morning in the wood-burning stove, and rainy enough that we didn't set up the hot dog cart (it's just no fun standing in the rain trying to sell hot dogs to people who don't want to stand in the rain to buy them).

Today is supposed to be NO rain, so this will be our last day of the year selling hot dogs (we only do it on weekends this time of the year).

It's supposed to be clear tomorrow night, to bring in the new year :hyper:.

Chester :newyear:

• The cold front Carl mentioned is supposed to be a big blow. For the last few days, the weather wizards have been saying that this will bring our coldest weather in three to six years with lows in the twenties. No rain though - we're working back into a drought like the southeast part of the country has been having. We're under massive fire warnings right now for New Year's.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• We are getting some very beneficial rains for the first time in, "I don"t know when." We've had a little rain, but this one has some zip. We might be in for over and inch or two before it's over, so I am not complaining. Temps are seasonable in the 50's for the high, but we are going to get with the the freezing temps later in the week. Suppose to clear out tomorrow, and start getting windy. Glad to see the rain.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• hi all

well tonight they canceled the new year fireworks display in brisbane because of the winds. we have been having rain but it has not been falling in the dams we have dropped in the dams levels again back down to under 20% capacity.

showery all day but i can see the stars tonight clouds are breaking up

cheers smokey

• Very warm and humid today but, in about 1-3 hrs from now, were supposed to get an artic blast come through lowering us into the top 20's?

• A beautiful day to start 2008. A little below normal for the high, and cool. We are to be in the lower 50's. Sunny and breezy will keep everything pretty cold. But tomorrow is the biter. We are getting an artic blast (coldest in the season so far). We will be below 40 tomorrow with gusty wind, and the low around 20F. We'll stay this way until the weekend, and then be more seasonal.

The rain amount is below 19 inches for the year. We did get some good rain, but still need more.

I think we'll get some by the weekend going into next week. It is forecast that we are to still have below normal rain fall, and milder temperatures for the winter. Hope they are wrong.

Cheers :cool: (newyr)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• That "Norther" blew in New Year's Eve and last night the temp got down to 26 degrees F. Supposed to be back down in the high 20s tomorrow morning with temps in the 50s both afternoons. Clear skies. NO RAIN!!! We are beginning to need it bad.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Cold Front blasted through here at about 9 PM New Years Eve. Winds gusted to about 45 MPH, no rain, and got down into the upper 20's that night, last night to about 31 "F" and no telling about tonight.

• We got into the 20's last night and are supposed to freeze again tonight-but I don't think so since we have overcast skies tonight-but we'll see.

• It is so cold right now. I like it. Beats 106. We are going to be 16 tonght in the forecast. And a little windy. It was cold today at 36 for the high with wind gusts of about 20 mph. Suppose to be warmer tomorrow at 42 and lighter wind. Oh, no rain or snow. Still in need.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote