How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 917,201 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Expecting rain tomorrow. We were a little cool today with temps only getting up to 50F. And should be around the same for the high tomorrow. We were around 22F last night but only getting to 23F tonight.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• still a little overcast but they say we could be loosing the rain by the end of the month, bad flooding out west and in some parts of central queensland causing quite a lot of damage but is filling up the dams in those areas hope some of it flows into our dams

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Were supposed to get cold this evening at around 9:30 and are also supposed to get another round of rains too. I don't mind either because we all know that summer in Texas lasts about 9 months of the year. ;-))

Also, today started out with lots of dense fog, and no winds. However, the Sun has broken through the clouds and the streets are starting to dry up some.

A few days ago, we lost one of our local Policeman in a car accident. This was partly due to the weather. Anyway, this Policeman was chasing some jerk on a motorcycle and he lost control of his cruiser and crashed into a concrete wall. Apparently this officer was ejected from his vehicle landing somewhere on the road where he was almost immediately run over; by another car. This man was only 25 years old. :(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• It was -14F this morning. Suppose to be cold for the next few days then moderate into the 20's for highs. It has been cold!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We are about normal with the rain department right now. Had a pretty good rain today. The temperatures were normal in the highs, but we are about to get a dose of arctic weather Thursday with the highs only getting around 39F with high winds and the lows around 20F. By Sunday we are going to be around 70F. What a temperature span.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• It's been a pleasant day here.
    No rain, apparently the rest of the state is getting it or have got it.
    2/3 of the state is said to be flooded in someway

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• hi stumpy

i wouldnt go as far as to say that the drought has been broken yet as some areas have still missed out on the rain and all of the flow off from the floods. yes we have been in a drought for about 5 years and this is the first good falls in such a long time.

today was much the same as yesterday overcast but no rain falling is 30C -86Fapprox at 1am

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• WHen I left the library yesterday-it was very warm and VERY humid. At about 9 or so PM, a blast of cold air came through bringingsome rains. Today-gloriously overcast, much cooler.

• Well, you know it's cold here when you see me wearing a pair of socks with my sandals :D Also, it's gloriously overcast with winds from the North. Some light sprinkling was going on when I was driving to the library.

• At our house, rainy and cold.

About 12 miles drive from my house (and 1500 feet higher), there was snow coming down! It doesn't stick too much, but around 3 PM it was snowing, and by 6 PM it wasn't snowing anymore. But by morning, it could be again, just in time for the commute.

We're supposed to get some heavy rain again this weekend, 5 to 8 inches being forecasted. We'll see.

Chester :newyear:

P.S. At least the power is still on . . . :teeth_smile:.

• It feels longer though, we've been feeling it ever since the 1996 floods hit the Lockyer Valley, although now that we've moved up to the South Burnett, we've been getting much more rain. back to my point. We've only been drought declared for 5 years, but it has really been 10 years, plus. 1999-2000 we didn't have rain for something like 390 days.

I feel though, if any this will be the year that the drought breaks :)

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]