How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 917,281 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• cant say much about today was fine when i went to work, clouds blew in and tried to rain some showers happened but not like up north where they have had more than a years average rain fall in just 10 hours, this has caused the flooding. this weather is like summer was when i was a kid always wet. the only problem i have is that there is so much water in the ground now when we walk to the shops through the park it is like walking on a sponge.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• cant say much about today was fine when i went to work, clouds blew in and tried to rain some showers happened but not like up north where they have had more than a years average rain fall in just 10 hours, this has caused the flooding. this weather is like summer was when i was a kid always wet. the only problem i have is that there is so much water in the ground now when we walk to the shops through the park it is like walking on a sponge.

cheers smokey

Please refresh my memory, Smokey - hasn't most of Australia been in the grip of a bad drought for awhile? Sounds like the drought is over.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Like Jay said, expecting some thunderstorms-no tornadoes and mild temps. Were actually hot today with high humidity-feels juuuuuusssssst like summer already. :-((

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Very nice day today with highs around 70F. I know I had to work in the yard most of the day getting it ready for spring, and hopefully plenty of rain this year. Tomorrow will be just as warm but a major storm is coming with a good chance for severe weather, just hope it holds out until after church. And then another cold spell.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Please refresh my memory, Smokey - hasn't most of Australia been in the grip of a bad drought for awhile? Sounds like the drought is over.

Nowhere near over as yet Stumpy, while most of our state has been getting good rain, we still need to get good follow up winter rains, or all this doesn't really help.

While it's good, we're really the only state that's getting it, and there's still our little south east corner where smokey and I are, which we're far from over it.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• stumpy

bek is right while all of this rain is good its the winter rain which will help to relieve the drought conditions and then the extra follow up of summer rains will break the drought. the combined level of all our large dams will hopefully reach 40% soon and the farmers will be allowed to have irragation water again for their padocks.

today we had sun and clouds moved in again looked like rain but nothing happened it is 28.1C at 12:06am

cheers smokey

• The weather was not very kind to us today in Prattville. A tornado (not classified yet) hit our town of over 35,000 today in the afternoon. It hit a busy area of town where a lot of businesses are and a good portion of our residents live. It was reported that over 200 homes were hit from a little damage to destroyed. Over 25% of out town was out of electricity, and a major road closed due to debris and downed power lines.

The storm actually missed me and my home about 7 miles away. There is no indication of any damage where I live. We had some wind and rain where I lived, and a lot of weather warnings in my area. There were 5 tornado warnings spanning from about 12:30 p.m. (CST) to about 3:30 p.m. The last one was the one that did the damage. My brother and his wife was closer about 1 mile from the hit. He sustained no damage himself except no power for several hours. We lost our power for about 20 minutes.

The tornado ran its course for about 5 miles going northeast (like most tornadoes do). I haven't been over there to the area. It has been closed and we were told not to come, so I didn't come, and saw my information on TV. My brother and his wife came over for dinner and told us of the difficulty getting here.

The temperature was at 77F today, and suppose to be around 50F tomorrow with cloudy conditions. I saw the moon and stars tonight with a little breeze.

Thanks for you concerns and prayers. I came through it just fine.

Cheers :cool: Mike a.k.a. Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Glad to hear you're alright Mike.

Mild day today. Hoping for some rain tomorrow or Wednesday.
    More flooding expected up north, which isn't to good seeing I'm headed up there Wednesday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• was told by dad when he picked me up from work that they say we are to have rain tonight and again tomorrow.

cheers smokey

• It's trying to rain here.

Looks like the floods have got the better of us, I was supposed to go up north and work for a week or so, but can't get there because of the flooding both on the coast and inland.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sorry to hear that you cant get to were you where to go bek. hope you get the opportunity to do it later in the year. have had rain off and on all day maily short showers. they say that by the weekend it will be warm again in the mid to high 30C.

glad to hear that you are ok hondo you must be living right for it to have missed you

cheers smokey

• Glad to hear everything turned out ok for you Hondo. I assume we got those same storms the next day, but all we got was just a little bit of lightning and thunder plus some much needed rain. Nothing too serious though.

Today we got what we call a "false spring".

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Here we go again! Friday is our big hit day with servere weather. We will be pretty warm tomorrow in the upper 60's, and Thursday the rain coming in. Hope we don't get hit.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

• sorry to hear that you cant get to were you where to go bek. hope you get the opportunity to do it later in the year. have had rain off and on all day maily short showers. they say that by the weekend it will be warm again in the mid to high 30C.

glad to hear that you are ok hondo you must be living right for it to have missed you

cheers smokey

Thanks smokey, I will get to do it later on, they've scheduled for April. We were supposed to go to Charters Towers, up there near Townsville, sorta glad I'm not though, because it's monsoon season up there.

Today was fairly mild, although it did get quite hot from about 4-5pm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• bek

glad they have reschedualed for you, are you going out onto a cattle station. know where charters towers is used to live up there but further out into the bowen basin in a little town called scottsville as well as collinsville and bowen.

had a shower when i was walking up to pick the lad up from school but this soon dried up it is 28.9C at 11:08pm

cheers smokey