How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 925,151 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

A really mild day just starting to rain ever so slightly. The forecast is wet rather than snow with Saturday being the best day. I will probably regret this but fingers crossed the worst is over in the South.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• not much snow up in lancashire either - just a light sprinkling at lunchtime today - it is still very cold though

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• Beautiful day. Nearly 50 degrees and mostly sunny. Moisture moving in this weekend supposedly.

• It's wierd up to an hour ago,
    it was just wet, now it's snowing but just sticking.
    Yet barely 10 miles from here,
    folk have 6 inches of snow, and have been stranded in their cars all night!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Keith

I eas thinking of you last night watching the news on television. It looked really grim with people stranded for up to six hours in their cars. Here its a blue sky with the sun shining. It is quite cold. With slight cloud cover it should keep the temperture above freezing.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Thank you thinking of me Arthur.
    It was all very strange,
    we were the same as you, basking in sunshine,
    with not a flake of snow on the ground,
    whereas barely 10 miles away
    folk spent all night, stranded in their cars!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• i watched the news this morning and saw a place in devon called ilsington - have i got that right? covered in snow - just blue skies up here but very cold

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• i watched the news this morning and saw a place in devon called ilsington - have i got that right? covered in snow - just blue skies up here but very cold

Only 5 miles from me, covered in inches of snow,
    and we had'nt any at all

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi

Normally we have the same sort of thing in Portsmouth when it snows we are generally protected by a hill to the north of Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight to the south. This year the snow didn't read the script and we were covered but for only one day.
    Last night they even managed to get the football played but with the wrong result as we lost.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Every darned front that comes through here is dry - we've had barely an inch of rain since October. Now it looks like we'll have close to 90 degrees F today and tomorrow before the next front comes through and cools us down to the high 60s Sat. and Sun.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hello All
    We had snow that stayed for weeks followed by almost twenty days of fog. The fog was surreal with people driving so much slower it sort of calmed down the commute and made for a more mellow beginning and end to the days. Then blue sky returned and with it clear starry nights and the familiar sight of the mountains that ring our Valley. I know there is something to love about all kinds of geography but it feels like home when you have lived for a bit in one place and your landmarks become old friends. Back to the topic we were thinking spring what with crocuses being up for a week or three and then yesterday we had a Westerly deposit 1 to 6 inches of snow. I still choose to think in imperial measure but we sold the 8 track lol. :wink_smile:

Greetings from North of the 49th

Edited once, last by kilo 6: used metric when my intention was to refer to imperial ().

• Every darned front that comes through here is dry - we've had barely an inch of rain since October.

Sometimes I think the words drought and Texas are synonymous, since it seems like they're interchangeable. Although I don't think I'd like living in the Pacific northwest where it rains so much.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Well here at last we're having some milder, dryer weather!

Here we had a terrible weather,
    it's strange here in Sicily,
    rainy days in continuos mode from 3 month ago to now,no windy but around 5 °C every day, 10 °C when we're lucky,
    more it's really wet,
    I believe that the next summer will be too hot ,
    some experts in fact said this ,it'll be around 50 °C,:afraid:
    so the only solution is escape from here , especially on July-August,
    to coldest places!!!!!!

[SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]