Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,420,189 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

"The Patriot" is a thinly-disguised account of the cat-and-mouse game between this officer of King George's Army and an American revolutionary named Francis Marion

Great movie! I like to watch it on July the 4th and one day I have to buy the extended version... I met Rene Auberjoines, who played the priest in this movie, a few years ago on a convention; - very friendly old man!

This year on July the 4th I watched "The Scarlet Coat" an old John Sturges movie about an american revolutionary working as a spy for George Washington´s army and becoming a friend of a redcoat.

The day before I watched "Four´s a Crowd" and "Footsteps in the Dark" both starring Errol Flynn. They had a rerun of Errol Flynn´s movies last month here in Germany, because of the actor´s 100th birthday!

Today I will watch the 2004 remake of "The Flight of the Phoenix", but I´m sure it can´t beat the original movie with Jimmy Stewart and Hardy Krüger!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

Edited once, last by Dukesfan ().

• O.K. , I watched the Remake of Flight of the Phoenix yesterday... It was not that bad, bad one of those remakes, we don´t realy need. The best thing was the Theme Song "I´ve been everywhere" sung by Johnny Cash! The difference to the old James Stewart version of the Flight of the Phoenix was, that it had a lot of rock in the soundtrack, harder action, more bad language and great special effects.

I still prefer the version with James Stewart and Hardy Krüger! For me one of the best movies ever...!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• He is a superstar in his field- comedy. I always fixate on him when I see that film.

Other than Gable and Lancaster, my favorite was Warden, who has always been one of my favorite character actors.

I used to get Warden and Whitmore mixed up as I thought they looked a lot alike.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The Verdict, terrific movie directed by Sidney Lumet, starring Paul Newman, James Mason and Jack Warden.

I always liked Jack Warden, too. My favorite thing he ever did was a TV series called the Wackiest Ship in the Army (1965) co-starring Gary Collins. Tragically, it only lasted one season but it was hysterical.

• Just watched, for only the second or third time, what I consider to be the best movie to come along since "The Shootist".

The plot is even somewhat similar, in that Tom Hanks is trying to ensure his son doesn't follow in his footsteps. Naturally I'm talking about "The Road to Perdition", in which the acting is superb, the score and cinematography wonderful, and the story itself enthralling.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Just watched, for only the second or third time, what I consider to be the best movie to come along since "The Shootist".

The plot is even somewhat similar, in that Tom Hanks is trying to ensure his son doesn't follow in his footsteps. Naturally I'm talking about "The Road to Perdition", in which the acting is superb, the score and cinematography wonderful, and the story itself enthralling.

I had never considered watching that movie, but Stumpy's brief comments about the film has me intrigued. Anything else you can think of to recommend about it?

• I'll second that,Stumpy. I loved The Road To Perdition myself, for the same reasons. Watch the film, Lt. Brannigan. It will be time well spent.

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "