Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,380 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Guess who's coming to dinner". It was a decent movie with some good acting from Hepburn and Tracey and the overall message of the movie was quite important. That being said the movie had some significant flaws, the relationship between the young couple seemed very rushed and they also displayed little chemistry between each other. The movie was also rather dated and it was told from the perspective of a family that would have been accepting of marriage between a white and black person anyway, and because of this the movie lost a lot of its edge.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• just after the last school holidays we went and saw the latest Harry Potter movie, cant wait for the next one to come out it should be even better.

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• My friends and I just watched Eagle Eye. It's about this guy who's twin brother just died and then he was framed and went on the run with this girl and they uncover this whole plot. I don't want to say more than that because it would ruin the movie. But I thought that it was really good I thoght it was really interesting and I really well done.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• I really liked that movie but I didn't think it was the best of the mummy movies.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• I agree - though the I did really enjoy the first one as well.

• Good movie but not my favorite out of them. I haven't seen the 6th one yet so as of right now my favorite is the 5th (Order of the phoenix). But I've heard that the 6th one is really good.

• THE ROUNDERS (1965)
    Nice Cowboy Comedy with Glenn Ford and Henry Fonda. :teeth_smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• I really liked that movie and wish they'd release it on DVD in Region 1.

I recorded it from TV. It's one of the movies which has no release (worldwide!) so far. Kind of strange cause Henry Fonda and Glenn Ford are huge stars and it's a good movie. :shades_smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• I recorded it from TV. It's one of the movies which has no release (worldwide!) so far. Kind of strange cause Henry Fonda and Glenn Ford are huge stars and it's a good movie. :shades_smile:

I have it on disc, which I think I recorded from a commercially-produced VHS tape (though my old memory is going so fast that I'm not sure I didn't also record it from TV). But even if it was from a VHS tape, the transfer wouldn't be as good as if it were a commercially-released DVD.

Anyway, I loved the movie. Glenn and Henry were two of my favorite movie stars (I also really liked Chill Wills) and the story line in that movie was hilarious.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Seen a slew of movies lately. Un lest see: I saw Paul Muni in the excellent: I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang-I hated the absolute last several seconds of the movie.

Then I saw Burt Lancaster in: Brute Force w/ Hume Cronyn as Capt of the Guards.

Im about to start a seven movie feast starting with:

James Cagney in: The Mayor of Hell.
    Edward G. Robinson and James Francis Cagney in: Smart Money.
    James Cagney and Ralph Bellamy in: Picture Snatcher.
    James Cagney in: Lady Killer.
    Edw. G. Robinson and Bogie in: Brother Orchid.
    Bogie and Dick Foran in: The Black Legion.
    In other words, I FINALLY got around to spending a few bucks and FINALLY bought the Warner Gangster Classic vol 3 of 4 vols-and of course the 7th movie listed here ;-))
    Richard Widmark and Richard Basehart in: TIME LIMIT :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• GUNS OF NAVARONE
    Great Movie with a great cast and great Action Scenes! :wink:

• I too watched last night while trying to get cought up on a few sites-The Guns of Navarone. Tonight since netflix already delivered it-will be: The Fall of the Roman Empire, then tomorrow will be another movie whose name escapes me at this time.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..