Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,374,899 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Finished watching War and Remembrance and started watching a DvD with several episodes of: The Red Skelton Show. Not too bad for a $1 investment.

He was pretty funny as Clem Kaddiddlehopper. (SP?) I loved the first show which also had John Carradine in it. The ladder sequence was hilarious.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Started watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but I guess it just isn't my type of humor. After Chevy Chase's character got his cheesy Christmas bonus, I could see the movie was going to go even further downhill from there, so we shut it off. We departed from the Christmas movie mode, and the kids chose Captain January, a Shirley Temple film from 1936. It also had a very young Buddy Ebsen.

Chester :newyear:

• Sorry to hear you didn't like Christmas Vacation. I guess I can relate to alot of those things that he went through in that movie so its nice to laugh at them.

Have you watched Planes, Trains, and Automobiles for a holiday movie? My wife likes that one more the Christmas Vacation.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Speaking of futuristic kind of flicks, I watched Kurt Russell, Ernest Borgnine, Adrienne Barboux, Harry Dean Stanton, Donald Pleasance and Lee Van Cleef in: "Escape From New York."

This was one I picked up from Wally-World, that was priced under $3 bucks. Also got: Hart's War and that Steve Erwin Crocadile Hunter movie. Not bad for less than $9 bucks total.

• We watched another Christmas movie with the kids last night, the Veggie Tales' The Star of Christmas. The night before that we watched the SCTV Christmas specials (two years' holiday specials on one DVD). That sure brought back many a memory, from when we used to watch the show regularly back in the eighties. Thank goodness that on DVD, we don't have to wade through so MANY commercials, like they used to have so late at night.

• Recently, DDDVD offered a 20% discount on all titles so I seized the opportunity to buy all five releases of Warner Brothers "Looney Tunes Golden Collections", each of which contain about sixty cartoons of Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Roadrunner and the Coyote, etc. These are classic cartoons (which haven't been edited because of political correctness) and I've spent many hours laughing.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Recently, DDDVD offered a 20% discount on all titles . . .

What?? And you didn't tell us about it?? I would have jumped on that opportunity!

I should be on their mailing list, having been a customer in the past, so I don't know why I didn't hear about it :cry2:.

I LOVE Looney Tunes! MIght have to go find ours and watch it . . . .

Last night, the kids and I started watching The Little Colonel, with Shirley Temple and Lionel Barrymore, but the power started flicking on and off, so we decided it might be better to turn off the TV and computer, and wait until tonight.

• I watched The Great Raid again, about the rescue of the prisoners left behind in the Philippines after the capture by the Japanese. A pretty good movie, IMO.

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Watched "The Great Escape" Special Edition DVD. What a great movie with a superb cast. Never get tired of watching that movie.

-John Wayne

• What?? And you didn't tell us about it?? I would have jumped on that opportunity!

Jim,
    Amazon is offering 1 thru 4 of those "Golden Collections" for 28 dollars and change whereas shortly before DDDVD offered the discount, everybody was selling them for about 46 bucks apiece. In fact, I thought I was getting a great bargain by paying about $35. apiece until I saw Amazon's price. I paid about $175. for all five but could have got them for less than $150. on Amazon. Oh well, win some, lose some.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Watched Pirates 3 tonight. Man, that was a long movie. Lots of stuff going on. Finally made sense at the end though. I thought it was alright, I will have to watch it again to give a better review of it.

-John Wayne

• we watched Home Alone 1 & 2 tonight after i got home from work.

have watched the great escape and it is one of the better movies really enjoy the bike riding. pitty about the bloke playing the aussie really fake acent.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• "Escape From New York" (1981)

One of my all time favorite sci-fi action films

Great film. I just recently bought my copy at WalMart fro less the $3 bucks. :teeth_smile: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Tonight my eyes will be feasting on watching the "BIG" movie event for me of the year, let alone decade. I'll be watching the great Sir John Mills movie: Dunkirk. This is all due to a special Duke-lovin friend of mine. :teeth_smile: :hyper: :hyper:

• we watched "the 12 dogs of christmas" a really good family movie, then we watched "the plank" with tommy cooper and eric sykes a good movie for some rolling around laughing times

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"