Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,422,257 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I ran "The Patriot" myself today in honor of Flag Day, but my main news is that The O'Reilly Factor on Fox News had a quiz in honor of the 33rd anniversary of his death.
    They showed clips from his films and asked five questions that anyone who frequents this board could have easily answered.
    Bill O'Reilly is a big fan of Wayne.

We deal in lead, friend.

• In addition to "Maverick", I've been watching episodes of Season 4 of "Kojak", starring Telly Savalas, which was recently released on DVD.

Let's face it, folks, older TV shows were usually much better than the garbage they have on nowadays.

BTW, all seasons of "Kojak" can now be ordered from Amazon, although the last season (5) will not be released until this fall.

"Who loves ya, baby?" :wink_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Wrath of the Titans-geared more for kids than the first one-overlong and script needed tightening;
    A Thousand Words-Eddie Murphy comedy/tear-jerker, doesn't quite cut it as either. Filmed in 2008 and released this year.

• TCM ran a 1970 film called "Cold Turkey", about a tobacco company that offers 25 million bucks to any city that can quit smoking for 30 days. Bob Newhart, Dick Van Dyke, Edward Everett Horton, Tom Poston and a whole lot of young character actors made this worth a look.
    Of note is that the music score was (I think) the first for Randy Newman and included a banjo solo of the Marlborough Man theme, aka "The Magnificent Seven".

We deal in lead, friend.

• To Kill A Mockingbird on ditigal copy. Love this movie. And I think this is a keeper.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I watched on June 12th for the Anniversary of the Duke´s death Legend of the Lost and Sands of Iwo Jima.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."