Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,632,233 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Impossible Years with David Niven and Lola Albright. A sweet corny comedy.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Courtship of Eddie's Father with Glen Ford and Ronnie Howard. A good wholesome movie.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Courtship of Eddie's Father with Glen Ford and Ronnie Howard. A good wholesome movie.

Life With Father with William Powell. Another wholesome good movie.

There is something about watching a "Wholesome" movie hat makes one feel Good!

• There is something about watching a "Wholesome" movie hat makes one feel Good!

Don't know where movie hats come into it, no Stetsons here in the non western thread!:wink_smile:
    Joking aside, what I'm finding great on here is the diverse selection of classic films I have not seen or heard of which I'm now hunting down to watch.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• "El Cid" and I managed to stay awake through the whole thing. It drags a bit whenever Sophie's on the screen and it's amusing that the story is told over a number of years and only Heston ages. She looks the same from start to finish.
    Love that tournament scene and the one man stand against 13 knights.

We deal in lead, friend.

• I'm hugely impressed!
    As you know ive never made it through in over 20 years of trying.
    I have seen Heston propped up on his horse galloping down the beach more times than I want to remember though.:wink_smile:

• Don't know where movie hats come into it, no Stetsons here in the non western thread!:wink_smile:
    Joking aside, what I'm finding great on here is the diverse selection of classic films I have not seen or heard of which I'm now hunting down to watch.

At least I have an excuse, the T button on my laptop sometimes hangs up.
    :wink_smile:

Chester :newyear:

• I had a cracking shirt bought in Hawaii which my now wife decided to shrink in the wash!
    Strangely it now fits her and she wears it quite often!

Yea, my problem is just getting too fat. :wink_smile: My kids have inherited all mine.

Hang on, I still wear shirts like that!

I use to be in the US Naval Reserve, and each year we went to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii each year for our two weeks training. Each year my pleasure was buying one or two Hawaiian shirts, so after ten or twelve years, I had a pretty good collection. Now, not having been back in twenty years, and the reason mentioned above, :wink_smile: This ad looks interesting!
    Now, trying to bring this back to the topic at hand, we are watching a Magnum as I post. Ironically, Higgins just said to Magnum, "Quoting Winston Churchill, a man's got to do what a man's got to do." Then Magnum said right back to him, "No, Higgins, that was John Wayne that said that." Then Higgins responded, "He got it from Winston Churchill."

Talk about timing . . . that was a little eerie!

Chester :newyear:

• Yesterday I watched The Bridge on the River Kwai. You won´t believe that, but I have not seen this famous movie before. What a great War Movie, one of the best War Movies ever! And Alec Guiness was fascinating as the British Colonel!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Yesterday I watched The Bridge on the River Kwai. You won´t believe that, but I have not seen this famous movie before. What a great War Movie, one of the best War Movies ever! And Alec Guiness was fascinating as the British Colonel!

I can well believe it! I'm discovering films all the time chatting on here I've never seen before.
    Bridge on the river Kwai is a solid gold classic, I never tire of watching it, bit like guns of navarone, seen it loads of times but still enjoy it everytime I put it on.

• I just love grand kids. I have a legitimate excuse to watch and re-watch all of these as they mature in different years. Have another on the way and will soon have to start all over again.
    Last non western I ran was the original "Planet of the Apes" with my six year old grand daughter. It's a madhouse! A madhouse!

You've got a friend in me.