Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,422,685 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I just love grand kids. I have a legitimate excuse to watch and re-watch all of these as they mature in different years. Have another on the way and will soon have to start all over again.
    Last non western I ran was the original "Planet of the Apes" with my six year old grand daughter. It's a madhouse! A madhouse!

You've got a friend in me.

Planet of the apes is one of my favourite films of all time.
    It's one of those very rare films which has stood the test of time and is still as fresh and thought provoking as when it first came out.
    I must dig it out and watch it again!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• The Fugitive with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. An excellent movie in my opinion with plenty of suspense and action.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Lured with Lucille Ball, George Sanders, Charles Coburn, and a host of other great character actors. It was a very good mystery, and interesting to see Lucy in a serious role. Overall a pretty good film.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• On my ever growing list! Ordered it from the USA hopefully it will arrive soon.
    I really enjoyed Gods and Generals.

If you really enjoyed Gods and Generals, you'll LOVE Gettysburg. I love them both, but Gettysburg gets more replay by me.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• If you really enjoyed Gods and Generals, you'll LOVE Gettysburg. I love them both, but Gettysburg gets more replay by me.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Hopefully it will arrive by Friday, and as it looks like its going to be torrential rain all over the weekend, I'll have a good excuse to sit down and enjoy!:wink_smile:

• Went to see 'Jaws' newly remastered and in all it's glory at the cinema.
    Fantastic on every level! Never thought I'd get to see it on the big screen.
    Well worth it if it's touring in your area.

• Went to see 'Jaws' newly remastered and in all it's glory at the cinema.
    Fantastic on every level! Never thought I'd get to see it on the big screen.
    Well worth it if it's touring in your area.

I saw Jaws at the theater when it came out in the late 70's. When that head popped out of the bottom of the boat when Dreyfuss was pulling the tooth out of the hull, I nearly spilled my popcorn!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Prometheus- a prequel to Alien, tho I found too many discrepencies with it making it hard to lead to the first film. I watched Alien before seeing this to refresh my memory, but it only reinforced what a better film Alien was. Plus there's an incredibly bad makeup job on Guy Pierce.

• I saw Jaws at the theater when it came out in the late 70's. When that head popped out of the bottom of the boat when Dreyfuss was pulling the tooth out of the hull, I nearly spilled my popcorn!

Mark

I THINK it came out in 1973? I too saw it at the theaters--in this case-the long since closed: Texas Theaters in Kingsville, Texas. The lines to get into the theater to see it--went for 2 city blocks round. It took us almost 8 hours to get in to see it. I too remember the head popping with loose eye scene and it gave me nightmares for a few months. I was about 6 at the time. I loved the fact that they had an M-1 Garand Rifle to shoot the shark with. I had a "Tanker-Garand" at onetime and loved the darn thing.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Argh, I forgot (part 2) Today, I watched Edmund O'Brien & Robert Stack in: Fighter Squadron. It was worth the money spent on it and i liked the usage of all the original combat footage too.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..