Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,391,849 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Saw African Queen a few days ago and every time I watch it, I like it even more. Great bantor between Bogie and Kate. Also it is a pleasure to watch Theodor Bikel, as the German ships Kapitan.

Will be watching "He Walked By Night" tonight then will start five other Gary Cooper movies in the next several days.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Somewhat liked: Design For Living but was VERY dissappointed in Peter Ibbetson. Tonights movie is: The General Died At Dawn. After that will be: Beau Geste and then Lives of a Bengal Lancer.

• Still working on watching: The General Died At Dawn but, I have not yet finished it because a 3 day marathon of War Movies are on. Last night I watched: Patton & Twelve O'Clock High. This morning I watched: The Longest Day. Tonight will be Tora, Tora, Tora.

Originally posted by chester7777@Jun 18 2006, 09:32 PM
    The Mrs. took our two younger kids to see Cars the other night, and they all loved it! She said she would even pay to see it at the theater again (not too many movies she says that about!). She said it was very well done, and you don't have to be a kid to see it. You will really enjoy the "scenery" of Ornament Valley!

[snapback]32311[/snapback]

Well, I finally got to see Cars, because it came out on DVD this week, and the Mrs. bought it (I told you she liked it :D ). I was relaxing with Christopher, who was down this week with chicken pox, and we watched it together.

I'm always suspicious of animated movies, and I don't know why, because I've been proven so wrong so many times recently. Most of them are really good movies (Finding Nemo, Toy Story 2, etc.).

Well, Cars, as it progressed, was a very good movie! Having lived through the era portrayed in the film, and understanding how towns have been bypassed by "progress" I could relate to the town of Radiator Springs. Being an old Cadillac collector in years past, I got a good chuckle out of the background scenery that appeared like Cadillac fenders sticking out of the ground. The story line had something for everyone in it, and had the typical Hollywood ending of "happily ever after" which is OK by me.

Chester :newyear:

• Watched "Cars" as well. I agree with Chester completely on this movie - very enjoyable. The cars as characters were so well etched and I thoroughly emphasized with the nostalgia element. There are many things of the 50s and 60s that I wish we could return to, not the least being our own John Wayne and his values.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"