Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,443 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

Death Drums Across The River a 1950s something set in Colonial Africa starring Richard Todd in a remake of Sanders of the River. Daytime television is Dyer, but tomorrow we have My Darling Clementine.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• watched JAWS again - - one of the best movies ever -- i read Lee Marvin was first cast for the role of Quint !!

[CENTER][/CENTER]

• I started watching a movie called "Red Belt". I was pleasantly surprised. It is a martial arts movie but it is not all martial arts. Tim Allen is in it along with a bunch of other actors you might recognize. There is some bad language but even my wife was kind if surprised at how well the story was written.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Edited once, last by SXViper ().

• Like Mike I watched "Firewall," with Harrison Ford, it was a reasonable movie to watch late on a Saturday night when the brain has been completely switched off.

The movie was solid, but was lacking in humour, strong dialogue and interesting characters, and the storyline was reasonable but well worn.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• My two youngest, Chris and Kelley, had just studied about John Smith and Pocahontas in their history class, so we thought it would be interesting to compare their studies with the Walt Disney movie. Let me tell you, Walt Disney would be rolling over in his grave. About the only similarities were the names John Smith, Pocahontas, and Jamestown, after that all bets were off. It had a big theme of "The evil white man invades the humble Indians to environmentally devastate their land", etc, etc,. The Indians were way cool, with several cool, new age, "spiritual guides" to show them the way.

Disney strayed from the historical record by a country Mile. This movie, Pocahontas, was just another
    "Brainwashing Fest" from the liberal hollywood crowd.

Chester :newyear:

• So, what you are saying is, you didn't like the movie?? I am not sure that's why I am asking...........:wink_smile:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The last non western was Ghost Rider with Nic Cage. Not as good as could be but it had Sam Elliot one of the best character actors in it.

Also watched Too Sir with love.- Hopefully next visit to London I can track down the school they used in the movie. After 4 visits I am getting to know London well. Sorry if strayed to far off topic.

• Yesterday and today I've watched 4 or 5 episodes of the first season of "Kojak", one of my all-time favorite TV shows.

"Who loves ya, baby?" :teeth_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Watched the second installment of "Lord of the Rings" - "The Two Towers." This was a monumental effort on the part of all concerned and made for a great trilogy. I'm beginning to more admire Howard Shore's musical score for the overall effect it made for the movies.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Watched Crimson Tide - Gene Hackman sometimes is type cast but overall in my opinion I think he is a good actor. Some of the actors in the movie went on to Lord of the Rings, and the Sopranos, a good cast.