Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,551 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks Mike. Our family is excited to see this movie.

I watched "Back to Baatan" today. I like Anthony Quinn in his older movies more then his newer ones. Plus Duke was his same reliable self.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Watched "Traitor" with Don Cheadle and Guy Pearce. Tense modern day thriller/action movie. Makes you really think, "What if...."

-John Wayne

• Saw a classic Bogart movie two nights ago called: Action in the North Atlantic w/ Raymond Massey, Alan Hale Sr. and Dane Clark. this is out on DvD and can only be bought as part of a 5 Bogart movie set including: Across the Pacific, Passage To Marseille, All Through the Night and The Maltese Falcon.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Sentimental Journey with Maureen O'Hara. This is a great movie and very sad. A must see.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I liked Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull .I found it fast
    paced and exciting ! If we went by May2's advice ,I don't think Duke
    would have made McQ, Brannigan, Big Jake, True Grit ,Rooster Cogburn,etc.
    Harrison Ford is in great physical shape in his 60's, so why shouldn't the series keep going as long as possible.
    I joined this forum not just because it honoured John Wayne,but because
    it honoured a John Wayne who was making ACTION movies well into his sixties !

• I liked Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull .I found it fast
    paced and exciting ! If we went by May2's advice ,I don't think Duke
    would have made McQ, Brannigan, Big Jake, True Grit ,Rooster Cogburn,etc.
    Harrison Ford is in great physical shape in his 60's, so why shouldn't the series keep going as long as possible.
    I joined this forum not just because it honoured John Wayne,but because
    it honoured a John Wayne who was making ACTION movies well into his sixties !

I enjoyed it myself. The problem I have is that it kind of reminds me of the second film, Temple of Doom. I liked it while I was watching it, it is just not a movie that I find myself saying" Let's grab that and watch it again".

And to May2, as much as you might want it to end. Shia LeBouf will continue the series, you could see that coming and then the ending pretty much proved that.

-John Wayne

• During the Holidays some Comedies:

The Major and The Minor (1942) . Great Screwball-Comedy by Billy Wilder.

Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines or How I Flew from London to Paris in 25 hours 11 minutes (1965)
    Funny Comedy about the fictional first air race from London to Paris. Stuart Whitman is the heroic american pilot. :wink:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• Watched "The Dark Knight" this afternoon with the kids.

I have to tell you, Heath Ledger is downright scary as the Joker. Great job of acting, tragic that he died.

-John Wayne

• Grand Thief Auto with Ron Howard's first director's job and he was also starring. A 1977 cult picture, but fun to watch one time. A lot of cursing, and auto crashes. I'd give it a star and a half out of 4.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• BRANNIGAN

After reading the recent posts on this movie I had to watch it once again. It is a fun 70's cop movie with a little humor. The one scene that made me laugh out loud was the baroorm brawl scene; we have this huge Dodge City style fight in a London pub, while the jukebox is playing "Let the Sunshine In!" And then there was that poor guy in the derby that was just trying to enter the bar, and ended up getting arrested!

While I still prefer Duke's 19th century lawmen, this is a was a good fun time killer.