Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,389,560 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Just last night I picked up a 4-episode dvd of the original Star Trek series. It has: City on the Edge of Forever, Amok Time, The Trouble With Tribbles and another episode.

Star Trek is great! They have now a remastered version of the original series with new computer generated starships and special effects and the have restored the old episodes for better color and better picture. I like this!

I Watched The Longest Day

Great war movie! As I was young I used this for an examination in history on highschool. The aired The Longest Day yesterday here in Germany too. It was the colorized version, but they cut about half an hour... Most of the colorized versions of John Wayne movies I have seen here are cut!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Star Trek is great! They have now a remastered version of the original series with new computer generated starships and special effects and the have restored the old episodes for better color and better picture. I like this!

Great war movie! As I was young I used this for an examination in history on highschool. The aired The Longest Day yesterday here in Germany too. It was the colorized version, but they cut about half an hour... Most of the colorized versions of John Wayne movies I have seen here are cut!

Same here-I love STar Trek. I just finished the 4th episode-Amok Time earlier today ;-))

Also, last night I watched a James Cagney double feature: Captain of the Clouds and Yankee Doodle Dandy. Just gotta love Cagney-I never saw anything he was in in which he gave a less than spectacular performance.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Been awhile so this afternoon I watched "Mr. Majestyk" with Charles Bronson as a poor old melon grower trying to make a living. As usual, Chuck does in the baddies who are trying to kill him.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Saw part of something interesting that had David Niven and Raymond Massey in it on TCM earlier. I saw the tail end of this movie before-but saw about 1/2 the tail this time ;-)) I STILL don't know tha name of that movie.

• I just watched "Red Dawn", a title and story that somehow seems appropriate for the times we live in. Count me as a Wolverine. :teeth_smile:

• I just watched "Red Dawn", a title and story that somehow seems appropriate for the times we live in. Count me as a Wolverine. :teeth_smile:

I always liked that movie. Plus it had Ben Johnson in it.

The wife and I just finished up a very good movie, The International. Had Clive owen and Naomi Watts. This movie too seemed fitting for the times we live in. Darn banks!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I've been watching episodes from Season 6 of "Hawaii Five-0". Have to say that so far, the eps don't seem as good as the first five seasons. Apparently the writers' creativity well has run dry.

I had to chuckle - while watching the credits, I happened to notice that the makeup artist for the show was named Keester Sweeney. Wonder if he was putting us on?

Something else that happened to catch my eye and brought home to me how fast time is flying were shots of Boeing 747s landing at Honolulu International Airport. Doesn't seem possible that those monsters have been around that long but I guess they have. Now that I think of it, I remember the pilot announcing to the passengers in 1974, as the family and I flew out of Rhein Main aboard a 747, that our takeoff weight was around a half a million pounds and me thinking "This thing will never get off the ground". :no:

• Started watching Defiance with Daniel Craig and Liv Schrieber. My wife got tired and had to go to bed half way through but a good movie so far. If anyone doesn't know about it, it is about the Russian Jews and how a group of them in Belorussia survived by living in the woods.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Angel & Demons (2009)
    Don't know but I remember Dan Brown's Novel was much better. Thought this one was a bit boring.

Star Trek (2009)
    A nice reboot of the old series.

Unconquered (1947)
    A well done historical drama with Gary Cooper/Paulette Goddard and Boris Karloff as Indian Chief. Always a pleasure to see Ward Bond. Directed by Cecil B. DeMille who made once again a beautiful movie. :shades_smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• Watched Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino last night. Great way to go out on his acting career. (He as since stated that that would be is final acting role.) He did a fantastic job and the ending shocked me as well. Not your usual Clint Eastwood ending, but that made it even better!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

• Watched a classic WWII movie called The Dam Busters which starred Michael Redgrave as the character who devised the plan to take out 3 dams in the heart of German Ruhr industrial area. Mother nature sure took out a lot of Nazi production when those dams fell.

I highly recommend for those that like B&W WWII flicks.

• Watched "Defiance" last night. Really enjoyed it. A true survival story. DVD also has interesting bonus material.

• Watched a classic WWII movie called The Dam Busters which starred Michael Redgrave as the character who devised the plan to take out 3 dams in the heart of German Ruhr industrial area. Mother nature sure took out a lot of Nazi production when those dams fell.

I highly recommend for those that like B&W WWII flicks.

:thumbs_up: It is a good movie and gimme black and white films---anytime anyday ;-)) Also, did you know that a remake is being made?

Right now im watching: Sylvester Stallone, Michael caine, Anton Differing, Arthur Brauss and Pele, in: Victory. Not a great movie but-not bad either.