Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,390,599 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "The Golden Hawk" (1954)
    -Sterling Hayden, Rhonda Fleming

Plot: IMDB

Kit Gerardo, also known as The Hawk, is one of Frances's most daring privateers, rescues Rouge from a Spanish ship. She is also a pirate, working to restore the fortune the French took from her. When Kit is captured by the governor of Cartagena, Luis del Toro, Rouge demands that he be hanged for piracy. Only one person knows it, but Kit is the governor's son.

Phantom's Review: Low budget, but fun pirate adventure. Great sea battles. good looking women, and cool sword fights. Very enjoyable.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• I just watched Australia with Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman it was awesome kinda long but had a really great plot line and some cool history

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• INGlOURIOUS BASTERDS
    :shades_smile:

What did you think, I am torn on this one as I really like WW2 films but this one looks like a huge stretch in that department.

I watched "Hitman" with my wife last night. It has Timothy Olyphant and Dougray Scott. For a video game movie it was actually quit good, little gory but a good story.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• New in Town, nat bad for a corny romantic comedy. A little more of an adult movie, but cute.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• New in Town, nat bad for a corny romantic comedy. A little more of an adult movie, but cute.

That is another of those movies where they make us Minnesotan's sound like morons. I agree it was a cute movie, I just wish they would stop with the "scandanavian accent" thing they think they have to do.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I just wish they would stop with the "scandanavian accent" thing they think they have to do.

But Todd, old buddy, everybody knows Minnesota is populated by nothing but Danes, Swedes, Norwegians, Finns and quite a few Germans. :wink_smile::teeth_smile::wink: (jk, yk)

De gustibus non est disputandum

• What did you think, I am torn on this one as I really like WW2 films but this one looks like a huge stretch in that department.

I watched "Hitman" with my wife last night. It has Timothy Olyphant and Dougray Scott. For a video game movie it was actually quit good, little gory but a good story.

Inglourious Basterds is more like a parody on WW2 flicks. Don't expect too much cause it's a typical Quentin Tarantino Movie with a lot of dialogues and some gory scenes. The opening scene starts with the line Once Upon a Time in Nazi occupied France .. which should say enough. Some scenes are pretty good and I liked to listen to all those different languages. Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz as the SS Officer Landa are good in their roles. I enjoyed it but I'm aware that not everybody will like this movie.:wink:

Agree with Hitman I liked it too. :martini_shaken:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• That is another of those movies where they make us Minnesotan's sound like morons. I agree it was a cute movie, I just wish they would stop with the "scandanavian accent" thing they think they have to do.

That's alright; they do the same thing for the deep south. And I just laugh because some of it is true! :laugh:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Passengers with Anne Hathaway. A very strange movie, with a different twist. If you like mystery & suspense, then you might like this. It's sort of hard to follow at the beginning but if you stick with it, this will complete the puzzle or you'll hate it. A very strange movie.

- John Wayne quote