Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,389,578 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Arthur, John Chisum,

Arthur: Dunkirk is my most favorite Sir John Mills movie closely followed by: The Colditz Story. I can't get enough of both of those great movies.

John Chisum, mine too. In fact I think its tied at Nr 1 of my favorite Cary grant movies tied with: Gunga Din & Destination Tokyo..

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Tonight I watched "Cape Fear" with Gregory Peck as a lawyer trying to defend his family against Robert Mitchum, a snake Greg helped send up the river several years before. Now Bobby wants revenge. I swear, old Robert can play a menacing lowlife to perfection.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Watched a couple of episodes of WWII in HD on THC as well as a couple of season 1 episodes of ZORO :D Oh and just now watched: First Blood. and IMO the best of all of the Rambo movies. Rambo: First Blood pt 2 is now starting.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

What can I say about that one? Great special effects and my popcorn was ok. :blow:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• This evening I watched "Air Force One", a good actioner with Harrison Ford as the President personally battling terrorists who've managed to sneak aboard his plane with the aid of a traitorous Secret Service agent.

Sure wish we had a president like the character played by Ford in this movie instead of the wuss we really have.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I watched the new "Star Trek" movie with the family. That movie is excellent, even better in Blu-ray. I am going to try and watch it again really soon.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I watched the new "Star Trek" movie with the family. That movie is excellent, even better in Blu-ray. I am going to try and watch it again really soon.

Need to get a Blue-Ray Player soon. I enjoyed Star Trek in cinema as well.

BTW Is there a thread John Wayne on Blue-Ray already?:book:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• Need to get a Blue-Ray Player soon. I enjoyed Star Trek in cinema as well.

BTW Is there a thread John Wayne on Blue-Ray already?:book:

If you mean what movies of John Wayne's are on Blu-Ray. I have 3 of them so far: The Searchers, Rio Bravo, and How the West Was Won. The others that I know of are The Cowboys and The Longest Day. There may be others from other countries but those are the one's that I know of.

By the way, the 3 that I have are excellent. Picture quality is awesome.

-John Wayne

• The Green Berets is coming soon to Blu as well.

Yup, I just saw that for a January release date. Not sure what day, I believe it is roughly the 2nd week. That is on my "list"!!

I find it odd that they are putting The Green Berets on Blu-ray before his other more significant movies have been added to the format. There are so many others that should come before it, atleast from my perspective. Like True Grit, The Alamo, McLintock!, and the most significant one of Duke's film that needs a major restoration is The Quiet Man.

-John Wayne

• I find it odd that they are putting The Green Berets on Blu-ray before his other more significant movies have been added to the format. There are so many others that should come before it, atleast from my perspective. Like True Grit, The Alamo, McLintock!, and the most significant one of Duke's film that needs a major restoration is The Quiet Man.

I can't explain the others but I suspect they are waiting till the restoration is done on The Alamo before releasing that to Blu-Ray. And as for The Quiet Man if they released a fully restored copy of that I would snap that baby right up, it would be a beautiful film if they restored it to it's glory.

• I can't explain the others but I suspect they are waiting till the restoration is done on The Alamo before releasing that to Blu-Ray. And as for The Quiet Man if they released a fully restored copy of that I would snap that baby right up, it would be a beautiful film if they restored it to it's glory.

I think most of us here would, that movie looks really bad on a bigger TV.

-John Wayne

• The pirates won out this evening . . . Against All Flags, with Errol Flynn, Maureen O'Hara and Mildred Natwick!

A few hours later . . . Buccaneer's Girl, with Pals of the Saddle Yvonne DeCarlo, Jay C. Flippen, and John Qualen playing a small part as well.

While we really like Maureen O'Hara, Buccaneer's Girl wins hands down, of the three pirate movies we've watched recently.

Chester :newyear:

• the half blood prince and transformers 2 dont have much time for to many movies now a days except for when i dont have to work but working lates is ok because i fall asleep watching them and miss the whole movie, have a nice sore neck when i wake up though lol

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"