Favorite O'Hara Movie

There are 61 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 35,000 times. The latest Post () was by Gorch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• . . . The Spanish Main? It is not readily available, that we can tell, and on Amazon, it is only available from their French site. Is your copy French? Parles voux francais?

OK, so we actually checked Amazon (US) and discovered that they have one available, "used & new" category, for a mere $115.99 :fear: . I've heard of inflation, but that's ridiculous.

Just thought I'd let you know the price has dropped considerable since September of 2006, as Amazon has a used copy (import) for $21.79. Deep Discount has some other pirate movies with Ms. O'Hara for very reasonable prices.

In fact, we sort of went crazy and ordered a bunch of other Maureen O'Hara pirate movies - The Black Swan, Jamaica Inn, and some other titles included in a DVD with 4 titles of pirate films.

We will be having a little pirate fest in about a week!

Chester :newyear:

• Hi everyone,
    the Quiet man was wonderful,but,I don't forget my first movie to met her.
    that's "The Long Gray Line".
    in this movie,O'Hara acting young lady to old lady.
    especially,in 1st scene her entrance, she was very charming.

regards,
    sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• I would have voted for 'The Quiet Man', as she was wonderful in that...but I just finished watching 'How Green Was My Valley', so I voted for that one, as a sentimental favorite.

• In fact, we sort of went crazy and ordered a bunch of other Maureen O'Hara pirate movies - The Black Swan, Jamaica Inn, and some other titles included in a DVD with 4 titles of pirate films.

We will be having a little pirate fest in about a week!

We had some fun watching several pirate movies a few weeks ago. Maureen O'Hara was in The Black Swan and another one, Against All Flags, a film included on one of the multi-title DVDs. Jamaica Inn, Ms. O'Hara's first film, was supposed to be on one of the multi-title discs, but disappointedly was not (though listed on the cover), so we didn't get to see that one after all.

It was interesting to see her in such a role. In Against All Flags, she was actually wielding a sword with the best of them!

• Other than Maureen's films with the Duke, my favorites were "Miracle on 34th Street" and this one.

Must admitt Stumpy that I have never heard of "this one." I know what it is, I just wanted everyone to point and click to see it themselves. I did see that it is not on DVD. Looks like a good movie.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Looks like a good movie.

It's funny as hell, Mike. It was the first of the Mr. Belvedere movies and although Robert Young and Clifton Webb had more prominent roles than Maureen, she wasn't just an extra. Clifton Webb steals the show though.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The Christmas Box is a very good movie that came out a few years ago on TV. Richard Thomas and Annette O'Toole were in the movie as well. I think this is one of the last movies he made. She is approaching 88 years old, and I know it gets difficult to do these movies for a woman her age. I wish she would do more, but I do understand.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Must admit Stumpy that I have never heard of "this one." I know what it is, I just wanted everyone to point and click to see it themselves. I did see that it is not on DVD. Looks like a good movie.

We hadn't heard of "this" movie (Sitting Pretty) either. Not only is it not on DVD, getting it on VHS is not cheap. Amazon offers "12 used and new" copies starting at $41.95, going all the way up to $129.90! Right this minute, it is not available at ebay at all.

However, reading the plot, it does sound VERY good, and we will certainly watch it if we have opportunity. Thanks, Stumpy, for bringing this to our attention.

• We hadn't heard of "this" movie (Sitting Pretty) either. Not only is it not on DVD, getting it on VHS is not cheap. Amazon offers "12 used and new" copies starting at $41.95, going all the way up to $129.90! Right this minute, it is not available at ebay at all.

However, reading the plot, it does sound VERY good, and we will certainly watch it if we have opportunity. Thanks, Stumpy, for bringing this to our attention.

Jim,
    ebay currently has several copies of the movie available for much less than the prices you quote.

http://search.ebay.com/search/…sacat=11232%26catref%3DC6

De gustibus non est disputandum

• My favorite Maureen O'Hara movie is The Quiet Man, my wife doesn't like it because of when John drags Maureen back to her brother, although she does like when Maureen threatens to bean her brother

My wife's favorite is Rio Grande.

Ben Cartwright SASS
    a good motto to live by
    "WWJWD"
    What would John Wayne Do"

• I voted for the Quiet Man, watched it loads of times, and still enjoy it, it's a great romp !!

Recently watched the lovely lady in Jamaica Inn and How Green Was My Valley, just to see her in different roles, good movies but both are black and white and I really missed the " zing '' you get watching her in glorious colour....

• Has anyone heard of a movie wyoming red or something like that. i have a full size movie poster showing Maureen with a rifle. Its packed away, but I believe thats the name of it.

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• Has anyone heard of a movie wyoming red or something like that. i have a full size movie poster showing Maureen with a rifle. Its packed away, but I believe thats the name of it.

We have indeed heard of the film,
    and here is our review of said movie
    Maureen O'Hara- The Red Head From Wyoming

Please take a look, all of Maureen's films are reviewed here
    Maureen's Movie Reviews

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().