Pinned When Were You Born?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 338 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DCtheQuietMan.

• That's right Bek,

Only Full Members qualify for that distinction,
      that's why I've made the kids Associate Junior Members.
      Let's hope in a few years time,
      they will register, their own username,
      and become life long Full Members,
      of this great JWMB
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • Originally posted by okiedokie@Oct 13 2006, 11:20 AM
      I just wanted to add my bday to your great list. I fall into the younger, but not youngest catagory. I was born in '77 and grew up on JW movies. I can think of few things better than spending a Sat. or Sun. with a JW marathon on the tv.
      [snapback]35854[/snapback]

You got THAT right bro--and a hearty welcome to this fine site.

Cheers and Rootbeers--Ringo. :cowboy:
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Originally posted by okiedokie@Oct 13 2006, 08:20 AM
      I just wanted to add my bday to your great list. I fall into the younger, but not youngest catagory. I was born in '77 and grew up on JW movies. I can think of few things better than spending a Sat. or Sun. with a JW marathon on the tv.
      [snapback]35854[/snapback]

okiedokie,

We see that you joined back in July, shortly after I had emergency surgery, and somehow we missed welcoming you to this great message board! We're glad to see you making your mark here :D .

It's good to see that John Wayne appeals to younger folks as well as us "oldsters" :lol: .

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:
    • Originally posted by okiedokie@Oct 14 2006, 09:40 AM
      I can tell you that my husband makes fun of me because I am a Duke fan.  He has learned to hold his tongue now.
      [snapback]35911[/snapback]

Just keep watching John Wayne movies and eventually he's got to see the light, and come over to our side!

We are glad you have found us. As Keith says, you will find a real friendly bunch here, with hardly ever a troll to be found. We hope you will stay and give us a chance to become better acquainted.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:
    • Just a short note.
      The first John Wayne movie I saw was "Stagecoach" in 1939 I was 14 years old.
      I might have saw him in the "B" western as Stony Brooke in the 3 Mesquiteers series, but only remember Bob Livingston (b-westerns.com/living.htm).
      There were 51 Three Mesquiteers yarns churned out by Republic from 1936-1943, and Livingston appeared in 29. John Wayne assuming the Brooke role in eight releases for the 1938-39 schedule, But when STAGECOACH (1939) hit the screen, Wayne gained in popularity and moved on to better films. And Livingston returned to the Mesquiteers as Wayne's replacement.