Indiana Jones 4,,about damn time

There are 64 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 13,977 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• ndiana Jones 4 Coming May 2008!
    Source: The Associated Press, Hunter, Strmchsr
    December 29, 2006

George Lucas said Friday that filming of the long-awaited Indiana Jones 4 will begin next year with Harrison Ford set to star again. Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg recently finalized the script for the film.

"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the 62-year-old filmmaker said during a break from preparing for his duties as grand marshal of Monday's Rose Parade.

Exact film locations have not been decided yet, but Lucas said part of the movie will be shot in Los Angeles.

The fourth chapter of the "Indiana Jones" saga, which will hit theaters in May 2008, has been in development for over a decade with several screenwriters taking a crack at the script, but it only recently gained momentum.

Lucas kept mum about the plot, but said that the latest action flick will be a "character piece" that will include "very interesting mysteries."

"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said.

At the inaugural Rome Film Festival in October, the 64-year-old Ford said he was excited to team up with Lucas and Spielberg again for the fourth "Indiana Jones" installment. Ford said he was "fit to continue" to play the title role despite his age.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and 1989's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Hi Kevin

I heard all different stories. Apparently it is to be set post WW2 with possibly Costner as a younger brother and Connery as father.

Glad to see it announced before poor Harrison Ford becomes totally decrepit.:fear2:

What with Rocky 6 with Stallone at 60. I nearly expect to see him fight George Foreman.

Mike

• Finally!!

Yes, thank heavens they got this done before he gets any older but you have to admit he is the only one for this part. I hope they do have a part in there for Connery as his part in the saga has been established, but maybe with this one they will conclude the Indiana Jones story so they wouldn't have to open up another character with Costner or anyone at this point. I like Kevin Costner but lets just leave him out of this.

Baby Sis

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• Great another "Indiana Jones" Film with Harrison Ford ? :ohmy:
    There is No One that can do this type of film Better than Harrison Ford !!!

You Young Bucks all think the same way that I did when I was in my 20s, that anyone over 35 was already Dead. :dead:

Look at the Types of Films that Duke was doing when He was in His 60s. It is all a matter of what you think is Old?

And the Head Cowboy at the 26 Bar Ranch is 62 years old, and still Punching Cattle and can still Hit a Beer Can at 100 Yards with His Winchester Saddle Rifle.

I know for myself at almost 76 years, I am still Flying my High Preformance Aircraft, and still Current in Jet Aircraft, and still teach a Judo Class at the Local Collage and still can take those 20 year old Kids !

So Harrison, Lucas and Steven go, go, go for it, even if you are Old and Decrepit and over 60 tears old !

I can hardly wait for This Film to Come Out !!! :hyper:

Chilibill :cowboy:

• An Indiana Jones film without Harrison Ford wouldn't be an Indiana Jones film!He's a great actor and has done so many different things and even in his 60's he's still on top of the list.Can't wait to see him as Indy again :hyper:

• I must admit I also enjoy Harrison Ford and I am a big fan of him in both Star Wars and the Indiana Jones trilogy. He was also excellent in my opinion in the fugitive and I am really look forward to the fourth installment of this great movie franchise.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Actually, I believe 29 is the stepping off point of life as the young know it.

I remember my first boss was 29 and I looked at him as if he was 1000 years old and was amazed that he went out at nights and had a social life.

Oh well , it all comes round I now have staff whose mother's are younger than me and proberably look at me as the sad old fart who insists that work should be checked can actually spell and can count without the use of a machine!!!

Ive been lucky that I have always been around the average age of those I work with so we can bore the whippersnappers with stories of "the old times" like black & white TV, cooked ham cut of a slicer etc, waiting a year to have a phone installed and if you want to really annoy them mention your mortgage!!!

Anyway, Harrison Ford looks great for 64 I just hope he has plenty of Deep Heat in stock for all those aches and pains.

What's the saying "You are only as old as the woman you feel". I think the 29 year old told me that!! LOL

Mike

• Just to inspire Bill

An amazing 65 year old!!!

raquel-welch-11098.jpg

Nothing wrong with that!!

I look forward to Harrison playing Indy again. And I think they will make it so it will hardly even be noticable as far as age goes.

One more thing, Sean Connery said a couple years ago that he was done making films so it will be interesting to see if they can get him to come back to make this film if indeed they need his "dad" in the movie.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• My wife and I are Costner fans. He just need to be in the right type of movie.

I agree though, he might not be the best fit for Indy's brother if that is what they are indeed going to do. That should go to a younger actor, one who might carry the torch so to speak for future films??

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi all,

I look forward to seeing the new Indi movie,
    as for Kevin Costner, I liked his westerns.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Sorry Todd, I just can't see costner "pulling it off" in an "Indy" kind of movie. Though im not a fan of his, I did like him in The Untouchables. Also, I sure hope gere is not in that movie, I can't stand him either (Sorry, Moonshine Sally) ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Sorry Todd, I just can't see costner "pulling it off" in an "Indy" kind of movie. Though im not a fan of his, I did like him in The Untouchables. Also, I sure hope gere is not in that movie, I can't stand him either (Sorry, Moonshine Sally) ;-))

Well I said that he'd be good to me Ringo :wink_smile: and we can't all like the same people anyway :laugh: