Need help! Don't know how to start a new poll!

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,159 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello good people.

This is the first chance I got to look this new format over. And I must admit, I am a little lost. I can't see how to post a new poll. If any of you know how, please let me know. Untill then, I will hold off with the new picture game untill then. Sorry for the delay. Any help will be appreciated.

Mant Thanks!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi Mark

I wondered why there had been no new picture game for a while. I think there is currently a problem with polls which Kevin is addressing, he will be able to explain a little better to you when he reads this thread.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• This is how you create a poll...

At the bottom of the start a new thread page in the Additional Options section there is a checkbox that says "Post a Poll" with a "number of options" text box. You check the checkbox and enter the number of options you will want people to vote for. When you hit submit, it should take you to a screen to enter the options and then post your new thread.

I know in the New Forum Q&A, I believe, Kevin said there was a problem so when it is resolved the above will be how you add a poll.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Hi Mark,

erthomp143 is correct about the steps to take to create a poll, but can you wait another day, there is a open issue with vb support over this problem and I'd hate for you to post a new poll only to have it be removed when the existing polls are fixed.

Thanks,

Kevin

PS. I'll post here when there is a fix, of some sort.

• Many thanks for the help, you three. I will wait, Kevin, untill the problem is addressed. I understand the headaches that come with starting a new forum. I think you are doing a great job and I (as all others I am sure) do appreciate the effort. Let me know when it is ok to start a poll.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Yes, Kudos to Kevin for the big undertaking.

These things are never easy and I think he's done a great job of transitioning things!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Many thanks for the help, you three. I will wait, Kevin, untill the problem is addressed. I understand the headaches that come with starting a new forum. I think you are doing a great job and I (as all others I am sure) do appreciate the effort. Let me know when it is ok to start a poll.

Mark

Mark,

The poll issue has been fixed and all past polls have been imported correctly, so feel free to create your new poll/thread!!

:wink_smile: