Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 840,395 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Jim, How is this proposed amendment ralley coming? I sent this to some of my reps and they really liked it. I told them a friend (I do consider you my friend) from Texas presented this to a group of concerned citizens and they were very interested in the details of this amendment. I happen to know one of my senators personally through a church connection and a friend of mine who went to college with him.

I was wondering if you had any repsonse from anyone on this.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I sent it to everyone on my email list, Mike, and asked that they do the same. No one has responded in any fashion so I really can't give you an informed answer about how it's going.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Let's face it - most of the legislation being pushed by Obama and his congressional henchmen is in direct violation of this law, which was enacted precisely to stop the federal government's intrusion on state's rights and duties.

• C'mon guys, all you're doing is naming members of the GOP Establishment's "It's His Turn" Club.

I've been reading good things about Senator Thune from South Dakota. My personal favorites would be either Tom Coburn of Oklahoma or Jim DeMint from South Carolina.

• Great Orators of the Democrat Party

'One man with courage makes a majority.'
    - Andrew Jackson

'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.'
    -
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

'The buck stops here.'
    - Harry S. Truman

'Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.'

-
    John F. Kennedy

And from today's Genius Democrats...

'It depends what your definition of 'Sex' is?''

- Bill Clinton

'That Obama - I would like to cut his NUTS off.'

- Jesse Jackson

'Those rumors are false .... I believe in the sanctity of marriage.'
    - John Edwards

'I invented the Internet'

- Al Gore

'The next Person that tells me I'm not religious, I going to shove my rosary beads up their ASS.'

- Joe Biden

'I have campaigned in all 57 states.

- Barack Obama (Quoted 2008)

'You don't need God anymore, you have us Democrats.'

- Nancy Pelosi (Quoted 2006)

'Paying taxes is voluntary.'

- Sen. Harry Reid

'Bill is the greatest husband and father I know. No one is more faithful, true, and honest than he.'

- Hillary Clinton (Quoted 1998)

HOW LUCKY CAN WE BE TO HAVE SUCH BRILLIANT MINDS IN CHARGE OF OUR ONCE GREAT COUNTRY!

''Life's tough ........ it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

-- John Wayne

• I've managed to survive Democratic administrations of Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, and Clinton. (Not sure I'll survive Obama). But of the six I did survive, I thought Harry Truman was the only Democrat worth a damn.

Of the six Republican administrations I've lived through, Reagan was by far the best, followed by Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford and the two Bushes (in that order of approval).

• [quote='Stumpy','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=90166#post90166']I've managed to survive Democratic administrations of Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, and Clinton. (Not sure I'll survive Obama). But of the six I did survive, I thought Harry Truman was the only Democrat worth a damn.QUOTE]

It's interesting you should say that because John Wayne always said Truman was the only Democrat President of his lifetime that he admired.

• First off I stay away from this subject as I keep my faith a politics to my self.
    I'am a republican. With at said I,am sick a appalled by the un-christian remarks made by Rush and rev.Pat Robertson How you can call your self a christian and are glad or don't care that thousands of innocent women and childern are dead makes me a little sick. I have prayed and donated to try to help the poor and destitute of Haiti. I think Rush, Pat Robertson Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are all oppsite sides of the same coin.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

Edited once, last by BILL OF PA ().

• Massachusetts is where our freedoms began. Hard to believe they've become what they have but let's hope a bit of that original rebelliousness still exists, C'mon Brown.